NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I agree fisher is a better shooter than parker but that doesn't mean he's better. Kyle korvers a better shooter than kobe so kyle korvers better. And I think you're getting the spurs "luck" confused with guys who are playoff performers. NBA players are supposed to step up their games in the playoffs and all of the spurs big 3 do that every year. And you didn't answer the question of if you still think duncan vs. gasol is even. Gasol is lost on the offensive and defensive end right now. He only scores one or two baskets each game actually working out of the post against duncan, on the other end duncan is just abusing him as well.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You just need to quit arguing this point. 99% of people who watch basketball would call tim duncan a superstar. The other 1% are spurs haters. And does he not act like a superstar because he's always respecting the other team and is never talking about how great he is? Maybe he doesn't seem like a superstar because he's the most educated nba superstar and doesn't just mouth off all the time.

3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

And if you watched the game last night the reason kobe isn't going to the line is because he's shooting jumpers. There's no conspiracy to it, last night he only took about 4 shots from inside the paint.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh, that's right. Kobe just isn't driving. lmao

I knew I'd get that. Sure. Kobe, the most aggressive offensive player in the league is settling for jumpers and just stopped driving. And even so, Kobe usually gets fouled on jumpers as well. He's not a set-shot type of guy. He brings the defender in to him. And Bruce Bowen bounces off of him almost every shot due to being too slow. Refs just think he's a good D player though, so they wont call anything.

5. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Gloat apparently likes flash over substance. Apparently Larry Bird wasn't a superstar. Neither was Kareem. Neither one had flash. There were plenty of guys that were more flashy and that more people talked about the next morning. D. Wilkins was apparently better than Bird. Spud Webb was apparently better than Kareem because more people talked about him. Maybe if Duncan were uneducated and got in trouble all the time he would be a superstar. Instead, he is a model citizen and summa cum laude graduate, so he is out in Gloat's book. Idiocy.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I understand that kobe is typically aggressive. He just hasn't been as aggressive going to the basket because he's been making jumpers and the help defense has come every time. Ginobili only went to the foul line 2 times and 3 times in the first two games. He's also an aggressive player and goes to the foul line a lot but he wasn't aggressive in those games. I mean I guess you're just expecting them to call fouls when there isn't one because I can't think of many times last night where the refs even had an opportunity to call a foul on a kobe shot. It's ok though, we know duncan sucks, ginobili and parker get lucky and bowen is terrible at defense. Only way lakers lose is if the refs do it.

7. Deuce Wayne

No, nobody said Duncan sucks. I said he's great. He's just not superstar material. He's the John C. Reilly of the film world. We all know he's really good. But nobody is going to show up just to watch his movie. (Walk Hard)
    Ginobili's last game shows just how lucky he gets. There are streaky shooters, then there are BS shooters. He's the BS shooter. The guy that gets shots blocked and they go in. (Kobe tipped one of his 3s in, for example)

And Bowen is a good defender. But he's also the dirtiest defender in the NBA. Uncontested.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

You're calling a 3rd team all-nba player lucky. That's actually enough to end the argument right there. And they thought kobe blocked his 3 but he actually didn't get a touch on it. Even if he did he was 4 for 6 outside of that. I agree he's a streaky shooter but he tends to get hot during the playoffs.

9. Deuce Wayne

Yes, I'm calling him a lucky player. We've all (even us that haven't played outside of HS ball) had those days where anything we throw up will go in. Ginobili had that night. He'll probably have a few more before his career ends, but it is luck. Like the lay-in where he had no clue, he just tossed it, got the foul and it falls in. He couldn't finish that shot 9 times out of 10. But it was his night. Scored a whopping 27 or something on the best night of his career.

He's so awkward, it's hard for me to take him seriously. Everything about his game is ugly. Almost like it defies the laws of science for him to be decent.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you are saying, Duncon, despite a better career - statistically and personally - than KG is not a superstar?

Someone who is actually better than a superstar isn't a superstar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar