NBA Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't believe the Bulls got the #1 pick.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

duncan will score around 30 every game if they don't double team him. Odom is not good, for some reason laker fans think because he played decent against a few teams he is now a star. You forgot to throw in there's no way ginobili plays like that in another game. And I understand there are bad calls the whole game for both teams. It also was clearly not the officials fault the spurs lost (unlike you I can accept that a team just lost), but it was unfortunate to see 2 or 3 terrible calls in the last minute or two.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I could see Ginobli playing close to that for 3 more games. His flopping isn't going to save him forever. That's all he's good at. Why would any team double team Tim Duncan? I wondered this when the Hornets made the mistake of it.
    Either his sloth shots go in, or they dont. And in the 4th quarter, you don't have to guard the guy at all. He's as clutch as lebron james.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Manu is hurt. America hates the Spurs (check the ratings) The Lakers will win in 6. Lakers vs Celtics the finals we will all want to see. Plus I want Pau in the finals not only because he is a former Griz but also because I will be in his hometown (Barcelona) during finals week. yea!

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Yea non-clutch duncan had 8 of their 13 in the 4th quarter. And yes ginobili is only good because of his flopping. The amazing thing is that he's only good at flopping but somehow he made 3rd team all-nba while only playing 31 minutes a game. With all the huge fourth quarters duncan has had while winning 4 championships in his career I don't understand how you can say he's not clutch. You're really just a spurs hater and seem to hop on whatever bandwagon pulls in. It's awesome how your two favorite players finished 1-2 in the mvp race did you love dirk and steve nash also?

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Spurs? People still defend this boring team? Ugh who cares skip them and lets get to the finals. If the Spurs make again me, David Stern and the rest of America are gonna be pissed.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Are you a spurs fan? I'll pray for you if so. Or maybe you just suffer from sleep apnea and are appreciative of their gamestyle so you can get your z's?
    Ginobli sucks.
    And Duncan is the worst in clutch time. We can give 1 or 2 examples where he came up big over his 10 year career, but hell we can even give 1 or 2 instances when lebron james didn't choke. Even Peyton Manning came through 1 game. He's still a choke artist.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I hate people dissing the Spurs. They're a great team, and people can't stand it.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Exactly.

10. SHSUTitan

SHSUTitan Camp Fodder

Well 4 rings and 3 Finals MVPs means he must have done something right.In fact, he is one of only three players to win 3 finals MVPs with MJ and Shaq. In terms of clutch, if nothing else, I think the 3 he hit earlier in the playoffs to send them to overtime was pretty clutch. The Derek Fisher game, you might remember, Duncan hit what should have been the game winner with .4 seconds left-pretty clutch. He has had plenty of huge playoff games and has won games in the clutch. To call a guy with 4 rings and 3 Finals MVPs not clutch is frankly pretty stupid. Is Tom Brady a choker? Michael Jordan? Magic Johnson? Tiger Woods? Tim is on that level-you can think he is boring, bad for tv, etc, but he is one of the greatest champions in NBA history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar