NBA in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Puck, Jul 6, 2007.

?
  1. 75% or higher

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. 50%

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. less than 50%

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. no chance in hell

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just a thought

with the exit of the Preds looming, youd think that a new tenant would be high on the list of things to do

I've always thought basketball would fare better than hockey here, and I caught some talk discussing an NBA team looking to relocate

doing a little research, I found a site listing Nashville as a Top 10 city to either relocate or expand an NBA team to

I'll post a poll on the chances of this happening

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I really doubt that it happens, but it would be sick if there was an NBA team in Nashville. Even though i've grown to like hockey, I have to say that i'm a much bigger basketball fan.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

how would the Nashville SuperSonics sound ?

yeah, I'd go see Kevin Durant

4. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I doubt it but anything could happen.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Las Vegas will get a team before Nashville

6. BigRed3

You really think that David Stern will allow a team to go to Las Vegas after the debacle that was All-Star Weekend? They don't even have a proper building to host a team for 41 games a year.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What debacle was that?

8. BigRed3

Maybe debacle was a strong word, but if you read articles on it, it seemed like it wasn't the safest place in town to be. Although a lot of that can probably be contributed to the fact that it was the All-Star Game in town. I doubt that there would be that much buzz around just a regular team. Also, there was a little incident involving a certain cornerback.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I read an article stating Stern would not allow a team to be in Vegas as long as betting was open on NBA games

furthermore, there isn't a venue appropriate for the NBA in Vegas - or Oklahoma City for that matter

there is here

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It just doesn't even sound like an NBA town. I will give you credit for supporting those memphis showboats, and the Titans, but nba might be a bit of a stretch for TN.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar