NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So the guy who has never played in the Finals his whole career wants to play hurt. Now that's a bad thing? He said he couldn't even play on Friday or Saturday. I don't care even if he did blow it out of proportion a little bit he did more for his team than "todays" athletes. Now a great moment for Pierce is gone because L.A. fans on columnist like Bill Plasche or whatever his name is from Around the Horn want to criticize him because their team lost. Give me a break Lakers fans come up with something else.:moon2:

(Not directed at TheSureThing I was just letting my emotions out.)

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

The guy had 2 points and 6 boards on 1 of 4 shooting. Are we talking about the same guy? He did play pretty good defense but I do expect him to come in and play 20 minutes of good defense every game. And it's not like the celtics shot lights out they shot 42.1% and lakers 41.6%. Anyone else see the lakers blamed the bad shooting on the rims. That is why everyone hates the lakers is because if they lose it's always something that they couldn't have prevented. They never lose because the other team played better basketball.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It's cool. My heart is still partially with the Celtics for doing me a favor and knocking out the Cavs.

on one hand I like the lakers, and love kobe. But on the other hand, if anyone deserves an NBA Title its Kevin Garnett..

4. The Playmaker

(Tangent: If you're a Lakers fan, I fully support your right to be cynical about Pierce's injury and return. If the roles were reversed, and this were Kobe, I would have taken 35 "He was playing the injury up just for the Willis comeback!" potshots at him by now. All I can tell you is this: Pierce has been a warrior for 10 years, he has never been seriously injured, and he's not the type of player who would just randomly crumple into a heap like that as some sort of strategic ploy. After the game, he said he heard his knee pop, so maybe he was more scared than anything. Only a fool would compare the significance of the moment to Willis Reed, or even Larry Bird's comeback in the '91 Indiana series, for that matter. At the same time, the crowd went from "My God, we are completely screwed!" to "My God, we are back in this series!" in the span of 10 minutes. So it WAS a significant moment, whether you like it or not.)

-Bill Simmons
    ESPN.com

5. The Playmaker

I like Kobe too but I've been a C's fan my whole life.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

1 man team. lolz

Regardless, that 1 man can beat the "big 3" by himself.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's why he is 0 - 3 against the them this season.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

have the lakers played the celtics in LA this season?

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

of course they have. Every team plays each other at least home once and away once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar