NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

I'm not so sure that the Lakers are better on paper... Their offense is, but not their defense. That has to factor in too.

Pierce, Allen, and Garnett are > Kobe by himself. Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol have a knack for disappearing acts. Almost the rest of the bench can't defend. Yeah Vujacic can light you up with open 3's, same thing with Radmonovich.. But Radmonovich is a liability on the defensive end, and Vujacic pesters a player then whines when his attempt at a charge doesn't work. And Pau Gasol. Softest big man I've seen this year.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Casell is about to win his 3rd ring. As many as Kobe. And he may have hit just as many big shots than Kobe in the Finals. He might be ugly, but he's one heck of a baller and a great teammate. He single handedly turned a couple of scrubby teams into playoff teams too.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Rondo has become a good PG.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

He's held his own in the playoffs. Before the big 3 got it going, he was they're most consistent player.

But I would take Fisher over Rondo because Fisher has the ability to knock down that long distance shot on a daily basis, Rondo doesn't.

5. The Playmaker

True but Rondo can rebound and play better defense. I'd take Fisher also but Rondo has held his own.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Its not just Odom and Gasol doing disappearing acts. Kobe has been awful all series. It's really weird to see him struggle like he has been. Bad point to have one of your worst runs. I know people will give the C defense the props for Kobe's struggles, but he's getting the exact same shots as usual, they're just not falling. He hasn't had those typical "he cant miss" type games he usually has.
    As for Cassell having 3 rings; Nobody will ever know, nor care unless they stumble upon that stat on accident.

7. Deuce Wayne

:ha:

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Lakers take Game 5, that doesn't surprise me one bit...

9. The Playmaker

What's funny? Oh the Lakers blew that 24 point lead in game 4. Pierce is going to win the Finals MVP too.

10. Deuce Wayne

^Nope. Never saw that one coming, huh? lol I asked a guy at work today if the Celtics (he's pulled for them since the Lakers/Celts rivalry began) would close it out, and his exact words were "Not tonight. Too much money to be made."

Here's my take on tonight's game:

1. Good for Pau Gasol. He finally got at least a tad bit physical. Got some good rebounds and made some huge plays. Maybe, just maybe he'll watch the tape and realize Garnett can't do anything with him IF he's aggressive.
    (I'm not holding my breathe though)

2. Kobe Bryant? Where is Kobe Bryant? I keep saying that eventually the Kobe we all know will show up, but it's not happening. We're heading in to the 6th game and his shots still aren't falling, he's making odd decisions at crucial times, and he's not driving on a guy that can't guard him. (especially when Allen is on him)

3. Phil Jackson is STILL the most over-rated coach in all sports, in my honest opinion. He's praised due to his teams being good enough to over-come his lack of adjusting. Once again he puts Rodmanovich on Pierce. Once again Pierce walks to the basket for easy points all night long - UNTIL Phil FINALLY puts Kobe on Pierce. It's as if Phil tries to see just how much he doesn't have to coach without losing.
    We witnessed in game 3 that Kobe will shut Pierce down at will. Yet Phil goes with Rodman' again. Once Pierce already had 30 something points and it was crucial, he puts Kobe on him to stop the bleeding.
    Why so late? And trust me, this is nothing unusual with Phil Jackson. Since 99 he's frustrated me with similar things.
    Also, as Pierce and Garnett get 5 fouls - he doesn't get 1 of them fouled out. With Kobe Bryant, that should be easy.

4. How about those refs? Now do you guys agree with me? For the most part, this game was well officiated. For the most part, they just let them play it out, as they should. But did anyone notice what happened when the Celtics cut the lead from 14 to 7? Pierce gets 5th foul. Garnett gets 5th foul. All from touch-fouls. Coincidence? They bailed the Lakers out. See? See how this works? As a Laker fan - I'm telling you it goes both ways.

5. Kevin GarNOTT. I, as well as others have noticed KG's hands shaking when zoomed in on in 4th quarters (while during timeouts - he can barely hold his gatorade). I could see if it were game 1. Or the first quarter, but he becomes an absolute wreck during clutch time.
    How many times did he have a chance to easily tie the game or do something great? Missing dunk put-backs, free-throws, etc. I like KG a lot, but this is why he got the nickname Garnott. Sad, really.

6. Paul Pierce is the lowest of scum in the NBA. Maybe scum is a harsh word, but this guy is a complete joke. Not as far as talent goes, but his personality on the court. First, he pulled the fake leg injury stunt. Now he's yelling while people are shooting free throws. Yes, literally yelling trying to distract the free throw shooter. I have never seen that in pro-basketball or even college. Yelling "WHOOOOOOT!... WHOOOOOOT!" while a guy is shooting, and surely there's a rule against it.
    Regardless, that's some little girl stuff.

7. I thought for sure the Lakers were going to collapse once again. They tried their very best to give this game away. And once again the Celtic's MVPs are their scrubs. House, Posey, Cassell, etc. The moment Pierce fell on the ground but kicked the ball out for the 3 pointer, I just knew luck was going to take over. Fortunately, tonight the lakers had the whistles on their side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar