NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by The Playmaker, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

hahahhaha good one.

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Ok, i'm going to look at this series without being biased. Let's start by comparing the two "Big Threes"

Kobe Bryant >>>> Ray Allen's Corpse

I'll give Paul Pierce a slight edge over Lamar Odom, but it's still pretty close

And Kevin Garnett gets the nod over Pau Gasol

However, here's the big difference in the two teams: the Lakers have an alpha dog. Kobe Bryant is the best closer in the league, we all know this. But on the Celtics side, who's their alpha dog? Garnett is just as likely to pass up an open jumper than to take it. Outside of Game 7 vs. the Cavs, Paul Pierce hasn't had a moment where he willed the Celtics to victory. And Ray Allen? Don't make me laugh.

So if you say the players on each teams wash themselves out, let's look at the coaches. Doc Rivers can't settle on a nine man rotation if you give him the first eight. There is absolutely no continuity with their bench players. One night it's Sam Cassell coming off the bench, the next night it's Eddie House coming off the bench. Some other nights, Doc decides to go with youth off the bench, bringing guys like Leon Powe and Big Baby Davis in. The next night? It's P.J. Brown. To say that Doc Rivers vs. Phil Jackson in this series is a mismatch would be an incredible understatement.

Final Verdict: Lakers in 6

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Lakers in 5.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay I'm not going to be biased.

Rondo<Fisher- this was easy because of Fishers experience
    Allen<Bryant- unfair to Allen because he's been on fire lately
    Pierce>Odom- wow not even close, Pierce shut down Prince and helped the C's win 2 straight and has become clutch
    Garnett>Radmonovich- I'm sure Garnett will be 100% effective
    Perkins<Gasol- I'm not that big on Gasol but got to go with the popular name
    Celtics Bench>Lakers Bench- lakers are too inexperienced
    Rivers<Jackson- no comment

As for the Celtics top 8 on the chart. Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Perkins, Cassell, Posey, Davis. It doen't get much better than that when you have a salary cap.

I would think Pierce will be guarding Bryant on defense so defensively the Celtics should have the upper hand. So this match-up is even.

6. The Playmaker

If the Hornets played the Lakers in the Conference Finals, who would you go for? Since I've seen both CP3 and KB24 sigs.

7. The Playmaker

For the Lakers to win this series someone besides KB24 is going to have to step up. I just don't see that happening. On the offensive end for the Lakers Garnett is going to shut down Gasol like he did Bynum in the regular season and Pierce who at times will be guarding Odom, he might not do so well. Then for the Celtics offensively they have the big 3. Which all 3 are doing great scoring. Let's not forget the intangibles for the C's, they are hungry. The big 3 haven't won a championship and they'll come ready to win. They understand they are 4 wins away from realizing their dream. This may be their last chance to win.

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

He'd go for the team that won.

9. Deuce Wayne

I don't think the celts bench is even close to as good. Cassell is the only one that is an offensive threat.
    And Perkins isn't near on the level of Gasol. He's a filler type player. Surprised he gets playing time, actually.

10. Deuce Wayne

Its been happening the last 2 series... Kobe has been very passive for the entire playoffs.

Yes, that's it. I actually already covered this and said I'd just be screwed/blessed.

The NBA is a players game. I've only liked 2 players to the extent i'd be a fan of their team within the last 15 years. Those 2 being Paul and Kobe. Wherever they go, I'll follow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar