National Title Game

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by cdubbs2121, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I doubt Cam would care anyway, he was only there one semester...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Can't wait to hear DW's rant about how overrated the SEC is, even though they are 13-4 in BCS National Championship games. Really the SEC haters are who made the SEC teams and fans who they are.

Can't wait to see all the SEC vs SEC match ups now that we have a playoff system in place.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Jernigan's, Benjamin's and Freeman's stock rose or dropped tonight?

Jernigan showed he won't be a damn thing in the NFC East with Chip Kelly.

4. Fry

Jernigan up, Benjamin same, Freeman same.

Two things I worried about with Jernigan were his ability to anchor against the run(check) and his quickness off the snap. If you watch him down after down, he's consistently the last guy off the ball, which is perplexing because he was recruited as a 4-3 end.

Benjamin is a freak but has inconsistent hands. He dropped an easy ball that would have been a first down. Instead it's third and 8 that isn't converted. I also question his work ethic and motor. He came on to campus so out of shape they had to redshirt him. Last year he was considerably heavier than this season and he gained a lot of quickness without the weight. As far as his motor, every now and then you'll see Winston keep a play alive and KB will just stand there.

I love Freeman more than most. He reminds me of a much more talented Ahmad Bradshaw. Go back and watch this game. He sticks his nose into linebackers all game in pass pro. Rarely misses a guy coming free. Has great balance and good hands out of the backfield. First 1,000 yard rusher since Warrick Dunn while hardly playing in most second halves.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

You seem right on point with everything you just said.

I can co sign with you on all points. Jernigan looked really good until the 4th quarter. He was absolutely gassed in the 4th for me to even judge and that right there will drop him into the 3rd round. I'm not buying into him being a 1st/2nd round pick like some people suggest.

As for Benjamin, I don't think he made a case for any team to select him in the 1st or 2nd round. He just didn't dominate or seem clutch to me at all, even though he caught the game winning pass.

Look for you to be sweating in the 4th round on hoping 1 of the 3 players mentioned slips to us in the 4th round.

We picked the wrong year to not have a 3rd.

6. Fry

I have to disagree with you on Jernigan. With what he showed me against to the run tonight I'd take him at 11. He was ragdolling guys in the second half. I think he's a more talented version of Casey.

Benjamin will go late first or early second, depending on what he runs. I just can't see a team picking late in the first round being able to look past a guy that big who produced. A playoff team will be able to gamble on a guy like him.

I'd love for Freeman to fall to the fourth. If he was available and we didn't pick him I'd be pissed. He's exactly what we need on offense.

7. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

lol that excuse was always lame... " oh the other team didn't win, we just beat our self " Auburn had to miracle plays to get into the NC... JAMEIS and FSU went undefeated then proved it in the NC game they was the best team this year.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

They didn't even care, which is sad, read the players post game comments.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm just happy two deserving teams got to play a great game, unlike last year

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Did you seriously post this AFTER the game tonight?

Are you mental?

1. FSU came out shakey (long layoff I'll assume) then adjusted to beat the sh** out of Auburn in the 2nd half. SEC team lost.
    2. Oklahoma absolutely demolished the best SEC team in the country this year. Oklahoma.
    3. Missouri, a middle of the pack Big 12 team comes into the SEC and 2 yrs in they're in the SEC championship game.
    4. Texas A&M, a middle of the pack Big 12 team comes into the SEC and dominates SEC teams for 2 years.

The SEC myth is dead. Exposed. Get over it or I'll rub it in your face more.

More importantly- Your team sucks. Stop bandwagoning on every team in your conference hoping they'll win something because yours wont.

I watched Ohio State get beat by Clemson the other night and I was happy as f*ck. Why? Because Ohio State is a sh*t. They're in our conference. My team competes with them for recruits. They're better than my team is right now- and I hate them. You should learn how this works.

You lot blow each other off though. "Ohhh we're rivals *suck suck* it's a classic rivalry! *gag gag* If we lose though, I hope they win it all! *spit spit*"

Stop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar