Nathan Vasher...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans took a midget in the first round in 2005 so I guess they learned their lesson.

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Nasty Nate

Nate is indeed a small guy but he plays with alot of heart. I haven't been able to follow him since he got drafted by Chicago.. but definately my favorite corners coming out of TEXAS.

My Favorite Nate Play... On a fake PUNT
    http://www.jcdenton40.com/TT_Vasher-hit.mpeg
    (It's small and grainy, but the Sound of the Collision more than makes up for it)

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow... i wish we saw aggressiveness on our squad like that

4. maximus

maximus Starter

I love me a little contact :)

5. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

"give me a break" more like give me an aspirin

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami...

It is 20/20 hindsight but we obviously were looking for corners in that part of the draft and didn't draft the one guy who became good and did draft 2 guys who have not done anything.

Add to that the 2 4th rd picks in 2002 for beckham and echols and our waste of a first in 2003:nana2: that means 5 corners taken in rd 4 or sooner and all 5 combined don't equal one good player like vasser.

If a couple of those guys did become solid players maybe we don't draft pacman in 2005. Maybe we go for a derrick johnson.

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I've been trying to decide whether Reese just has poor evaluation skills of CBs or whether our coaches just suck at coaching them up once we get them. I think it probably is just a combination.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

GoT....

How did our big corner 1st rd draft pick work out? Woolfolk? He will be backing up vince fuller for the nickel.

There simply are not that many 6 ft plus, 200 lb plus guys who can stay with fast quick wideouts in this league. In seattle they replaced the tiny andre dyson with another 5'10 180 lb guy. Ronde barber is listed at 5'10 184. You wouldn't want him? Even samari rolle a tall 6'0 only weighs 175.

We could have drafted the larger antrell rolle in 2005. He is currently listed as the third left corner on the card's depth chart. Pacman is better.

From an athletic point of view pacman was a great pick he just is just a little mentally ill. Oh well.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Although it doesn't always work out (Woolfolk) it seems the best strategy is to look for starting CBs in the first two rounds and then loook for Ss in the middle rounds of the draft. Rolle and Dyson were 2nd round picks that worked out fairly well. Pacman certainly has 1st round talent. The odds are not good in the later rounds. CBs are kinda like LTs. Hard to find a good one past the first two rounds and if you do it is pure luck.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Or we could have taken Derrick Johnson or Merriman in the 1st and Foxworth in the 3rd.

The new hands off rules certainly put a premium on having great feet and closing speed. But I still think the biggest thing is having good instincts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar