Nate Washington Injury?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BudAdams, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

When I saw the replay of the guy rolling up on Nate's ankle, I immediately thought he was done for the season. Next thing I know, he's out there catching a 10 yard pass and diving to the turf in pain.

I'm no doctor, but it is obvious he has a sprained ankle. What was our training staff thinking putting him back out there? Did he play any more after that catch? Any more info on this injury?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they retaped him and he passed their test so back in he went.

I give him credit for going back onto the field

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. BudAdams

Yeah, i just read the quotes in the Climer column. Apparently, Munchak thought he was out and then he made the big 3rd down play.

I am definitely glad he was able to make that play. I think he was fine when he was running straight, but when he turned up field he felt the pain.

Anyways, that thing is going to tighten up and he will be dealing with it the rest of the season. Somebody should call in and ask Munch about it on the radio show, but surely they won't know if he'll be ready to play until like friday.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

hey bud.. were you at home flipping birdies at the bills on sunday?

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. BudAdams

:goodell:

8. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I was at the game (actually the first time I have ever seen the Titans in person--it was awesome) and just a few rows up behind the Titans' bench. Nate deserves a ton of credit for what he did yesterday. In the pre-game warm-ups, it was obvious that he was battling through serious leg pain. Then, he got even more hurt on the play OP mentions. He probably should have left the game for good, but he gutted it out. It was apparent that Hawkins wasn't going to make a clutch catch (has he ever?) and the Titans really needed a receiver to step up, so Washington would come on the field for a play, make a huge catch and then limp off in tons of pain. He would then take a couple plays to collect himself (that's why Mariani was on the field late in the game) and come back on the field to make another crucial catch/block/play. And whenever he wasn't on the field or on the sidelines in agony, he was walking around, pumping up his teammates (he seemed to talk to the defense a lot).

I got some new respect for Nate.

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Congrats on your first Titans game..
    Weather looked similar to Nashville's..

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2 words

Lavelle Hawkins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar