Nashville restaurants/dining

Discussion in 'Nashville' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Can we eliminate chains? If I'm going to visit somewhere and see their places, I sure don't want to go to a chain. Put the places that don't exist in hundreds of other cities!

Not Longhorn, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Five Guys, or Mellow Mushroom!

I'm not saying that they're the best food in town, but places with a little more character. The Rotier's, Pancake Pantrys, Lovelesses, Gerst Hauses, and such!

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Rotiers, PM, Taboulis, Browns Diner, Mafiosas...all good

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Jack's BBQ right across the street from whatever they call the Preds shack these days.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I have heard a lot of good things about rotiers and brown's burgers that they are supposed to be the best. Never have eaten at either one.

What makes them so good and better than most other places? Just wondering.

I disagree about leaving out chains. I think all restaurants should included it doesn't matter to me if the chain is also in every other large town. If anything that's better because if you love something about the food at a location here you know where to eat away from town.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

5 guys for burgers? Do i need to worry about the special sauce?

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I was really impressed when I ate there. Their burgers are really good...but their fries are outstanding. I just felt like I needed a triple bi-pass after eating it.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I hear ya, but Morton's and to a lesser extent RC's is definitely not in the same class as the others stated and both fluctuate majorly from city to city. Nashville Morton's is far and above one of the best around the country.. Not to mention no other steak in Nashville comes close..

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

New place in downtown Franklin that is pretty tasty, 108. In the old Jail. Fun place, really good food and vibe. Also McCreary's off the square is very good for fish and chips. Great corned beef sandwich.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

McCreary's! Once a week!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Rotier's is great to me because of two things: 1) they serve good greasy burgers on french bread and 2) they have one of the best milk shakes I've EVER had. Really great chocolate shake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar