Name YOUR Final Four (CFB Playoffs)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Broken Arrow, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee !!!

SEC-SEC-SEC !!!

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

1. Oregon
    2. BAMA
    3. Ohio State
    4. Baylor

I think it's ridiculous that TCU is ranked above Baylor when Baylor beat them, granted it was a fluke late-game comeback but head-to-head tie breakers should definitely count in the rankings. Also, I don't buy that either of them deserve to be above the Buckeyes when there is no championship game in the BIG12. Ohio State will have played(and won) one more game than TCU and Baylor and it will be a B1G championship game against a well ranked team who has the #2 Heisman candidate(Gordon), all while starting a 3rd string QB who has played only 1 quarter the whole season. And this is after overcoming their 1st string QB going out for the season the week before the season started, resulting in their only loss to Virginia Tech in week 2(if you think that loss wasn't just because of the new QB you are delusional). JT wasn't the only good player on the team, contrary to media belief. I am a biased Ohio State fan though so take my comments with a grain of salt.

FSU, even undefeated, is an inferior team. They squeak by every week and I pray to god they lose their conference championship game so they can drop out of the playoffs but I'm sure they'll somehow squeak by again. How do they beat Florida when Winston is throwing 4 INTs?!?! Unbelievable.

Oregon is the clear #1 to me just because of how effective Mariota is, with only 2 INTs on the entire season, I don't see them losing their first playoff game. I would have put BAMA up there at #1 until watching this past game vs Auburn, the defense just wasn't there and that was the reason I thought they were so good.

*Note: This is assuming all of these teams win the rest of their games.

#32 VondyP, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

1. Bama-the great Satan finds a way.
    2. Oregon-those ugly a$$ed uniforms.....
    3. The Ohio state-maybe that player will show up???
    4. TCU-horny frogs

SEC-SEC-SEC

Bama ***** slaps the ugly off the ducks. LOL

4. 8and8

8and8 Starter

As it stands:

1a. Bama
    1b. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. OSU

If FSU can get by Georgia Tech, I don't see the committee leaving them out. I do think Baylor or TCU would probably beat FSU on a neutral field though.

I also think Baylor has a good chance of sneaking past OSU into the playoffs since JT's injury.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL....just think if it had been a "boring" rating...what would that say about the reader's attention span?

#35 CheeseheadTitan, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Yeah I agree that OSU is on some thin ice at this point. They will have a tough game with Wisconsin on Saturday...without JT or Miller, who knows. If Wisconsin wins (possible) or even makes it a very close game (likely), someone like a Baylor could make the cut I think.

In any scenario it is tough seeing any other outcome besides Bama vs. FSU...as much as I have dissed Winston and FSU this season, I think that they play to the level of their competition and that both ratchet up in January.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think head to head should always be more important than comparing losses or common opponents. Baylor lost to West virginia a team TCU beat in a close game.

Still Baylor's win over TCU should give them the edge. I would rank Baylor over TCU or Ohio state right now but Ohio State does have the advantage of adding another quality win over Wisconsin though they could lose that one.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bama vs Baylor

FSU vs Oregon

As a Bama fan i like that lineup. I can't see Bama losing to baylor and whoever wins the FSU Oregon game will have earned that spot in the championship game.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Note that i'm not being selfish as a Bama fan. I'm saying that baylor with a healthy QB is the most deserving team. Of course i like bama's chances better against Ohio state without a healthy QB.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

[QUOTEyP, post: 1276990, member: 13671"]1. Oregon
    2. BAMA
    3. Ohio State
    4. Baylor

I think it's ridiculous that TCU is ranked above Baylor when Baylor beat them, granted it was a fluke late-game comeback but head-to-head tie breakers should definitely count in the rankings. Also, I don't buy that either of them deserve to be above the Buckeyes when there is no championship game in the BIG12. Ohio State will have played(and won) one more game than TCU and Baylor and it will be a B1G championship game against a well ranked team who has the #2 Heisman candidate(Gordon), all while starting a 3rd string QB who has played only 1 quarter the whole season. And this is after overcoming their 1st string QB going out for the season the week before the season started, resulting in their only loss to Virginia Tech in week 2(if you think that loss wasn't just because of the new QB you are delusional). JT wasn't the only good player on the team, contrary to media belief. I am a biased Ohio State fan though so take my comments with a grain of salt.

FSU, even undefeated, is an inferior team. They squeak by every week and I pray to god they lose their conference championship game so they can drop out of the playoffs but I'm sure they'll somehow squeak by again. How do they beat Florida when Winston is throwing 4 INTs?!?! Unbelievable.

Oregon is the clear #1 to me just because of how effective Mariota is, with only 2 INTs on the entire season, I don't see them losing their first playoff game. I would have put BAMA up there at #1 until watching this past game vs Auburn, the defense just wasn't there and that was the reason I thought they were so good.

*Note: This is assuming all of these teams win the rest of their games.[/QUOTE]
    Lmao. Stupid for TCU to be ranked higher than baylor when baylor beat them...but you have oregon #1 who lost to u of a the last two seasons and about to lose to em for a third time

Anyone with oregon in the playoffs is trippppiiiin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar