Nadal wins french

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you count the Aussie Open as grass?

Its more like a sticky, bouncy, fast hard court...

2. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

I might have dreamed it. But I thought it was grass... must by that deep green colour they use there. BTW I read they are going to change it to a surface close to the US Open kind... Plexicushion¿?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yes they are changing it.

By the way, I find a surface complaint the stupidest excuse in any sport in the world. Both players play on it, you can't complain about it.

4. O.K then. One guy may be a baseliner, therefore his quality groundstrokes suit clay. The other may be a big server, therefore, grass suits him, his serves on clay won't be as effective as the 'clay' will take the speed off the ball...

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

That's debatable of course. I really like Nadal's game, however, you have to wonder if that style of play will take it's toll on his body as he gets older. That's the big difference between him and Federer... Nadal's points always seem to be very physical, while Federer looks like he barely makes an effort when he's playing out there. He just makes it look too easy.

Actually, Federer struggled throughout the entire semifinal match at the French Open, but was bailed out by Davydenko's inability to win the big points.

As for Nadal becoming #1, I'd have to say that he needs to change his mindset first, when he is playing in other surfaces. At some point you have to realize that short top spins are sitting winners for aggressive players with big forehands, when you're playing on hard court. That's why he gets pushed around so much when he's playing against guys like Blake and Gonzalez. He needs to be more aggressive and use more flat groundstrokes, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar