Myspace Kills...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

oh I know. I just want to tie her to the bed post and tickle her with a feather.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

MICHIGAN SUCKS...

sorry, trying to push a button

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Got a cute

[​IMG]

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I played that video game in 2 player mode. Look at those buttons!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

:hang:

c'mon... you know you want to.

they're all going to laugh at you! they're all going to laugh at you! they're all going to laugh at you! they're all going to laugh at you!

6. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Wow, thats a terrible story (made worse by 3 pages of convoluted ideals)

Any parent who willingly screws with the mind of a child, especially one they know struggles with depression is sick. I don't know if i would trust them with a child. Perhaps social services should be contracted...imagine what they might do to thier own daughter if they are willing to stoop to such levels. Its sickening to think that anyone would do such a thing. Lock em up, even for a day (it will be like sending a rapist to prison...they wouldn't come out the same. Many guys in prison have children they care about Imagine how well they could screw with the mind, the parents are amutures in comparison. Give em a taste of thier own medicine)

As far as the parents of the girl... I'm sure their regrets outnumber the criticisms i could make of thier parenting skills. So why bother????

The child... there is (in my mind) no excuse for taking your life. The father said so himself...the actions where hers to take. Did someone hand her a loaded gun? The counceling obviously was not helping, like the parents believed, if she was still willing to take her life so quickly. It is sad that in todays world a child so young would take such extreme measures. I believe there is more to her depression than simply her weight and her A.D.D, but as i did not know her personally thats just an assumption on my part. Kids are cruel (to the extreme) so why was a child struggling with her identity given access to the internet where there is no monotoring? Gloat believes she wouldn't have made it through life (and he may be right though i think wrong to say so) but IMO she was given a tool to end it.

This story reminds me a great deal of the Pearl Harbor bombing. So many choices made throughout the day, some signs ignored and it all leads to terrible distruction. She was a troubled child, spoken to cruelly by adults using the identity of a friend/confidant, and she wasn't as closely monitored as she should have been. Had perhaps one little thing changed throughout the day she may not have made the choices she did. Is any ONE person really to blame?

Myspace... i look more to the adults in her life than to the internet. They have a better grasp of what the internet is than a child, and sadly knew how to use its annonomity to its fullest. That it was misused lays on the people who misuse it not the product itself. I have a myspace page, and ill keep using it. Do stories like this worry me? only as far as the human aspect goes.

7. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

wow, i wrote you a book when i only meant to make a few quick comments. Not sorry though :)

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

No, no. Don't get it twisted. I think the parents that 'caused' this are pure scum. I think that teenagers that pick on younger kids are worth a knifing or 2, so adults are even worse. I just didn't address them as much with this story. Because odds were, she was going to face much worse things in life, and her mental problems wouldn't allow her to take them.
    So, while the parents of the other girl are disgusting, it's still not their fault...sort of. lol Hard to pick a side completely here.

As far as my wife, she'd tell you that she's not as pretty as the girls I was with before her, but she's a great girl. The only one that I've been able to stand without wanting to smash my face in to something sharp.
    :)
    And I'm poor. I'm just very handsome, and good at everything. So it works out. haha

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Apprently not at making money :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar