Myles Garrett Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2019.

?

What should Garrett's punishment be?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2019.
  1. Three games + fine

5.3%
  2. Four games + fine

5.3%
  3. Rest of this season + fine

45.6%
  4. Criminal charges/punishment

8.8%
  5. Rest of this season and part of next + fine

35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really feel like the guy should be facing criminal charges

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Boring Boring x 1
  2. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Me as well.

honestly with the force he generated on that swing, we are damn lucky we didn’t just see someone’s head opened up like a watermelon on the field.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Had he swung that helmet in a way that the crown came down on him, his head would of been opened like a melon.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If a helmet is a deadly weapon, how can you justify football existing?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The league is probably doing everything to avoid that

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Yea I mean, I get it.

but what would be Mason’s motivation here? Dude is obviously not going to collect a pay day via a contract.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It just opens a real can of worms

Obviously what Myles did was another level, but theres some degree of assault on every play. Remember VY getting suplexed vs Pitt? That was uncalled for too. And that stuff happens all the time. Finny vs AJ.

We could list countless foul plays. NFL would be tied up in law suits all year..

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Honestly, the hit didn't look that bad. The worst part was it was the opening of the helmet that struck his head, so yeah there was a possibility of cutting his head on the blunt edge... But let's not act like it was a knockout blow. Might have even gotten some padding from the inside of the opening. Rudolph didn't even grab his head in pain..just threw his hands up looking for a flag. Lol. I'm sure it didn't feel good...but I don't think it was some brutal blow that could have killed him.

Either way, if Rudolph wants to press charges, they should certainly take it seriously. Every day people would be in jail before that scrum on the field was over. Especially considering how many security/cops are at NFL games.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think that would be a pretty easy self defense. 2 guys grabbing you and a 3rd guy going after you.....after you tried to get away.

10. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

There's a difference between a suplex and ripping someone's helmet off and hitting them with it.

Yeah, the suplex was rough, but it was a "tackle" (excessive) , a part of the game... The other is assault.

Haynsworths stomp to the face was assault.

There are clear cases of what isn't normal football behavior. Tackling someone too hard or in an untraditional way isn't one of those.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar