Myles Garrett Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2019.

?

What should Garrett's punishment be?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2019.
  1. Three games + fine

5.3%
  2. Four games + fine

5.3%
  3. Rest of this season + fine

45.6%
  4. Criminal charges/punishment

8.8%
  5. Rest of this season and part of next + fine

35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

True but those acts occur in lot of games

What Myles did is criminal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  2. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm not defending Garrett in any way, swinging a helmet at another player has no place in the NFL, or anywhere else for that matter. He deserves whatever punishment he receives.

I just noticed the hypocrisy of nobody reporting Rudolph's role in instigating the whole incident. By all rights he should get some punishment too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I pulled these Garrett posts out of the "Other NFL Games" thread because this incident is all over the place.

Haynesworth got five games back in the day. I might add a poll to see what everything thinks Garrett should get?

4. JCBRAVE

10+ IMO

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
  5. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Minimum 6, max 14, neither would surprise me but its a pretty bad look so i'm leaning it'll be on the lengthier side

6. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

NHL:
    25 games:
    Chris Simon, New York Islanders, March 11, 2007, for the rest of the regular season (15 games) and Stanley Cup Playoffs for swinging his stick and hitting New York Rangers forward Ryan Hollweg in the face.

MLB:
    In the bottom of the third inning, Marichal infamously clubbed Dodgers catcher John Roseboro over the head with a bat, an action never seen before or again on a major league field. August 22, 1965. Penalty: Marichal was suspended for eight game days (10 games because of doubleheaders) and fined a then-record $1,750 (which translates to about $15,000 today).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Even the Browns players who were watching the replay after the game during the interview were shocked with how nasty it was.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Browns: Oh, a nice team win, things seem to be coming together for a late season push

Garrett: Hold my beer

Browns gonna brown :anon:

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

Thaky he wont face criminal charges, this is football and he was baited to fight back...

10. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

yea but the poll asks what it SHOULD be, and I think using equipment as weapons in sports should set an example and put him in jail 6 months to a year. Assault with a weapon. Isn’t someone here a cop or retired cop? Would that charge hold up and be legit @altitan

#20 titanthakur, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar