Myles Garrett Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2019.

?

What should Garrett's punishment be?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2019.
  1. Three games + fine

5.3%
  2. Four games + fine

5.3%
  3. Rest of this season + fine

45.6%
  4. Criminal charges/punishment

8.8%
  5. Rest of this season and part of next + fine

35.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think that’s why Rudolph didn’t get suspended. I’d have to watch the whole thing again to see the kick to the nuts but if that’s the case, Rudolph did more than just call Garrett a name which should be considered more for the suspension, even if it’s just 1 game.
    I know those little cheap shots happen all the time, but when caught, they do get flagged and pending the severity, a fine. I think it should be considered towards the escalation into what Garrett did.

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

You could see Rudulph yelling ***** at the people that sacked him the 2 plays before.

For what that is worth.

3. HurrayTitans!

Here’s the entire video. Ignore the guy talking and skip the first 2 plays although they probably play a factor in whatever Rudolph may have said due to some frustration.

It appears Garrett is holding him well after he threw it but no real reason why, then takes down Rudolph. Rudolph then tries to pull Garrett’s helmet off (who knows maybe to swing it at him first lol) then when garret is standing up/being grabbed by the ref and steeler OLman, Rudolph’s foot is already on his junk. Looked like it may have gotten kind of tangled/stuck but could have also been like pushing sort of like a kick.
    EDIT: he clearly puts his foot on Garrett to push him back, maybe unintentionally on his wiener.

After that is when most other videos pickup to show Garrett’s reaction, watch the gif on page 1.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

Don’t like the guys voice and it’s a long video with some irrelevant stuff added, he ultimately does a really good break down for why Rudolph should not be off the hook entirely. He started the fight and lost, unfortunately Garrett also used a weapon.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

and?

It was helmet pulling until pouncy and DeCastro jumped in and started the shoving.

don’t get me wrong- Garrett’s actions inexcusable. But Steelers started and escalated it. They ARE culpable in this situation also. And to say otherwise is BS.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Arent they all being suspended and/or fined for what they did?

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Come on. Garrett threw Rudolf to the ground well after he got rid of the ball, then landed on him. That right there is a penalty for roughing the passer. Garrett started the whole thing.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

He didn’t land on him, the “hit” was as he got rid of the ball but Garrett kind of weakly took rudolph down. Rudolph then started trying to pull garrett’s Helmet off.

The ref watching the “hit” was about 5-10 ft away and felt there was no roughing penalty and I completely agree. If a flag was thrown, this would have been another fan attack on the league for weak penalties on the QB.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

yes but that’s debatable and even so in the realm of normal footbal, albeit grounds for a penalty. Face mask Twisting, nut kicking, ?racial slurs, and kicking/punching are not.

again my only point is to say that the Steelers (Rudolph, Pouncy and DeCastro) are also culpable in the initiation and escalation of that incident. It isn’t ENTIRELY on Garrett like some were suggesting.

my point is NOT to defend or justify Garrett’s actions. He was wrong to respond how he did.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

For one, where did Mason kick him in the nuts? I've not seen that in any video I have watched.

Secondly, so the helmet just magically comes off with a simple grab? GTFO with that mess. Garrett RIPPED his helmet off. You can visibly see him yank his helmet off.

Again, Garrett escalated the situation at Every. Single. Stage. Garrett put in a late hit on the QB by driving him into the ground well after he had thrown the ball (he got fined earlier in the year for something similar). Mason retaliates with the facemask grab. Garrett retaliates even worse by ripping the helmet off Mason (which if you've ever had happen, hurts like an SOB). Mason gets up to yell and push some more, Garrett hits him in the head with a helmet.

Heated arguments and pushing and shoving happen EVERY game. Yet seldom does another player rip another helmet off a another player. And NEVER has someone used an empty helmet as a weapon in an attempt to harm another player. You have to be able to keep your emotions in check.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar