Myles Garrett DE/OLB Texas A&M

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

About this time last year I got the Jalen Ramsey train started. I'll go ahead and get comfy in my seat on the Myles Garrett train. You guys are more than welcomed.

Prototypical size. Great first step(anticipates some). Turns and chases the ball when it's thrown in the short and intermediate areas. Needs more moves.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think pretty much everyone is hoping we get him. He will go top 5 (probably top 3), so we gotta hope the Rams have a pick that high.

Honestly, we could be looking at two top 5 picks. Hope ours isn't, but if it is, Garrett is a lock... Assuming nothing changes with him between now and then.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. rekirts

rekirts Starter

HoF potential.

Huge homer. But hes a stud. Hes one "Clowney" play away from #1 non-QB pick.

Idc if Morgan, Orakpo, and Dodd each get 15 sacks and stay healthy 16 games, I'm still picking this guy if hes on the board.

4. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Underrated against the run too. Absolutely destroys the option. I've seen him take out both the QB and the RB in the same play on those options. Holds his responsibility on the QB, waits for him to pitch it and chases the RB down from behind.

Third down and long forget about it, gets to pin his ears back and use his ridic speed.

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

I was pretty big on Bosa this time of year last year and this guy reminds me of him.

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I don't see Bosa similarities. Bosa beats his man using strength moreso... Garrett's all about the speed off the edge (although against the run he uses his strength). Garrett body type is an ideal OLB, where Bosa fits better as 4-3 DE imo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Except Garrett is a difference maker with explosion and speed.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I still like Bosa and think the Chargers made a fine pick, but I would pick Garrett over him 10/10. And don't see any similarities.

Just watch the game Fry posted... Guy shuts down any semblance of a real passing attack. Turns it into all quick screens and rollout plays away from him. Gets double and tripled teamed throughout the game. Watch at 2:55, guy gets TRIPLE teamed and held on the same play. Ref doesn't even call it cause he was blowing by their LT the entire game like his name was Poutasi.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

FTR This is not the first time Garretts name has been brought up

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nothing about Bosa is special, you can teach any bum how to become that style of player.

Hell, even KVB learned how to be Bosa before Bosa came along..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar