My thoughts on Halo 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

actually you need a cord to your router
    or you can get one of these wireless units that connect to the 360 (if you happen to have a wireless router - need to have a strong signal though)
    it's ethernet, so unless you have a dual in/out ethernet port on your computer, i don't see how you'd connect there

i'm using the older Xbox wireless adapter and it works just fine and are usually half the cost of the 360 branded one (yet those are a little sleaker and powered by the console)

new [​IMG]

old [​IMG]

if you can get a cable to your router , that would be the ideal connection. if you don't have a router, you'll need to plug and unplug out of your modem

btw....you're on a broadband service, right ?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm sleepy and my puter savvy is questionable. I have an old MS wireless deal downstairs at the modem. Sends signal upstairs to the MS "reciever" I guess you'd call it. Getting a wire downstairs isn't possable.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

sounds like what you have is an "extender"
    if it only has one input ethernet jack it's probably an extender

if it has 4 or so outputs plus 1 input it's either a router or a hub

not sure how that "MS thing" would work out
    you may have to swap it back and forth between the box and the pooter
    --does this MS deal have more than one "jack" ?

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A Microsoft MN-500 wireless base station is what's plugged into the modem downstairs. Looks like it has 4 jacks, plus one input going to the modem.

A MN-510 is the wireless USB adapter I have upstairs.

I have broadband btw.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

gotcha

the unit I have is the MN-740 Xbox wireless adapter - it seems to work

the units you have are based on the 802.11b standard
    not sure how that'll hold up in intense online play
    not sure how the thing I have would either fwiw

it looks like you'd have to hot-swap between your PC and your Xbox in order to use this - just disconnect it from your PC and hok it to your Xbox when you want to go online

you might want to try it one day, just to set up the "free" Silver membership all 360 owners get when they purchase their console
    or just to check the status of the signal for strength , reliability

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks for the advice :thumb:

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar