My thoughts on Halo 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A little late here. I liked the game a lot, but there were some dissapointments (not a fanboy). Got some possible spolier talk, and I have not played the on-line part yet. The on-line part is probably the biggest draw to this game, right? But surely I'm not in the minority in thinking that the single player game should be top notch.

The graphics were not as good as I'd hoped. Looks like other games on the 360 are better, yet Halo 1 and 2 were arguably the best on the Xbox.

The musical score was not as good as or as moving as Halo 2.

I would have liked the final game to be longer, it was a bit short. I would have liked to have seen more Earth based battles. And maybe something more innovative on some of the level design.

I liked some of the new features, like weapons and especially flying the Hornet. But I would have liked more opportunities to fly and fight with that Hornet.

There was still good little humor bits thrown in here and there. I got a kick out of some of those.

Now the story is a bit convoluted if you try to follow the semi-hidden "terminals". I still don't completely understand that. I'm going to try to search for some answers just because I'm curious. I'm sure they meant it to be a bit of a puzzle, but it's one I think most folks would have to read through a few times to get much from.

Now the ending. The gameplay at the end was too similar to the original Halo. It was fun to play, but a bit disappointing again in that there was not much innovation. If you play the last level on legendary, you'll see the full ending. Again, spoiler here, but they left it open for another game. I just wonder if that was a Forerunner planet in the final scene? The forerunner story (and the suggested links to humans) is missing some pieces.

I liked the game a lot, and I'll probably play it through again at some point. But I won't put it up there with Halo 1 and 2. Half Life 2 is better imo. Ratings are popular and good for comparison, so I'll say 8.8 :))

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Half-Life 2 is better imo
    have you gotten the Orange Box yet ?
    and have you got around to Gears of War yet ?

Halo 3 pales in comparison to those 2 in may ways
    yet, it surpasses them in others (subjective)

Gears technically is superior here, but remember HL2 is a few years old
    Half-Life is the better campaign experience
    Halo has a better multiplayer component

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm going to rent either Gears or the Orange Box next. Figured they'd be better suited as renters for me, but ther are tops on the list.

Any thoughts on the Halo 3 ending Puck? And yeah I got to get on the nets and play this game live.

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the Halo3 ending ?
    hel if I know .... when I rented it, it kept locking up 1/2 hour into the campaign. My Legendary Edition should be here tomorrow, we'll see how far I get on it ...... if it locks up again, I'll be expecting a brown box from Redmond :))

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Oops, well don't let me ruin it for you :)) Just a hint if you care to see it all, beat the last level on Legendary and you'll see a little more to the ending.

I liked the ending, but I could see how some may not.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

imo, Gears and Orange Box are both buys

Orange Box will b in your xbox for a good while
    20+ hours for HL2 .... add a few more hours for each episode
    Portal will last about a week of casual in betweens

I can't remark on Team Fortress, but like any other LIVE multiplayer event, you could be on it for hours or months

Gears is a killer app - in every since of the phrase
    it'll look incredible on that SXRD you got - it's easily one of the best looking games on any medium - even PC.
    the campaign may be short, but you may actually wanna go back through
    Versus isn't very deep , but it's a blast and the disc as a whole is intense

if there is such a thing as a game worthy of being in your library
    they'd both qualify
    easily 2 of the best shooters ever

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Legendary is always an accomplishment

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I can't lie, I only played the last level in Legendary. That's all you have to do to see the extra scenes in the ending.

But the next time I try to go through the game completely, I'm going to try Legendary :scared:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i tell ya what
    when my copy gets here, we can co-op through it

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

So you can co-op the story mode huh? I thought I saw that option, but wasn't sure that's how it worked.

I haven't got on-line with the 360 yet. I guess I'll need a cord to the computer, and then a Xbox live account? Is that it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar