My squad:

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So, I had my players pre-ranked for fear of not making it to the live draft. Tom Brady was at the very bottom of the list. I just pulled him all the way to the bottom to make sure. Well...I miss the first half of the draft as expected. Log in, and what do I see on my roster? TOM F'ING BRADY. I don't know if I forgot to save the ranking when I pulled him, or what...but espn gave me the guy that is done for the year.

However, the rest of the draft turned out ok. Well, depending. I have a lot of talent, but almost all my best players either have injury questions, are injury prone, or have someone injured on the team that affects them.

QB: (after dropping Brady) Jake Delhomme, Marc Bulger, Chad Pennington. (I usually only have 2 qb's, but since I didnt really get my choice of the tops, I have 1 for security)

RB: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Reggie Bush

WR: Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Laveranues Coles

TE: Chris Cooley, Vernon Davis

K: Rob Bironas (homerism aside: We're some FG kicking mofos)

D/ST: Titans, Jaguars
    -----

I may replace Colston if I can find a sleeper WR available, due to his injury status. Coles is injured, but I'm expecting Favre to ride him when he gets back.

2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Was this a 5 team league?

Brady, Moss, MJD, AP all on the same team?

On top of that Birionas and Cooly ... oh and Bush as a bench runner. :bsflag:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Deuce Wayne

10 man league, and I'm 0-2. :(

This is for money, too. But you've got to think we drafted 1 week late. So that's why Brady was on the board. He was already out for the season, but my auto-pick chose him.

I just lost to the crappiest roster ever also. All my guys had bad weeks other than Bush and AP. Or guys like Bironas...didnt get to kick. AP had 160 yards but no TDs lol. Stuff like that. While his guys like Kurt Warner did well. It was ridiculous.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

AP is a top two pick which means in a 10 man league you were at best looking at the 9th pick in the second round. I can not see any league especially on auto draft having Moss, MJD, and Colston still on the board. On top of that you forgot to unrank Brady so he would have been your second round pick. So you want us to believe that Round 3, 4, 5 had Moss, MJD and Colston still on the board? Then still found an oppertunity to draft Bush and Johnson?

If that is accurate send me an invite to next season draft :greedy:

5. Deuce Wayne

annnd once again - I'm 0-2 with those players that you seem to think are so great.
    Yes. Those players would be available if you used the logic that:
    1. Brady is out for the year.
    2. Randy Moss lost his QB.
    3. MJD isn't an attractive name in fantasy this year.
    4. Colston is injured also.

So with 10 people, that's not hard to believe. An example of the other teams are as follows:

Donovan McNabb
    Brian Westbrook
    Earnest Graham
    Hines Ward
    Terrell Owens
    Plaxico Burress
    Jeremy Shockey
    Giants D/ST
    Nick Folk

Kurt Warner
    Marion Barber
    Marshawn Lynch
    Larry Johnson
    Torry Holt
    Steve Smith
    Kellen Winslow
    Vikings D/ST
    Stephen Gostowski

and on and on. I think you're underestimating the number of talented players in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar