My Off-season Plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by THE_TITAN, Dec 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

What do you think the LS is doing??? He never sees the field unless we are kicking. Same thing..... It is a position that most back ups can & do perform for a lot of teams. Why devote a roster spot to a position that can be filled with a guy who can contribute depth on the oline?? Would you agree that we could have used more depth on the oline this year?? OK then there ya go. I am not saying go out and find anyone, find someone that has done it before & also can provide depth. Should not be that hard. There are plenty of teams using back ups at LS.

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

No need to use a rostereo spot on a LS. Lots of teams don't use a roster spot on a LS. It's a skill that can be honed, too.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Why cut Stevens? What are you doing with Oher?

So you're cutting Stevens - the best run blocking TE to re-sign a backup pass catching TE? Who's gonna block for our run game? Why keep Wilson...shouldn't we see what Huff and Stafford can do?

Orakpo will cost a fortune and coming off injury. He's unlikely to give a paycut consiering there aren't that many teams loaded with great pass rushers. Houston is better. Smith is a great vertical threat but not much else and you wanna sign him to 5yrs of big money? Rather have Dez Bryant if we're gonna pay big bucks or maybe DThomas or JThomas. Don't know much about housler other than he has 1 career TD and never started a full season. Hope ur thinking of signing him to a vet min type contract. And Skrine you think is a good starting CB. What are you willing to pay for him...6-8mil/yr?

Williams is a 'safe' pick for our GM but I like Shelton much better so far. Holliman is starting to concern me. He's a great ballhawk but he's shown me he can be a weak tackler in the current game I'm watching and maybe he gets away with gambling more because his front 7 get so much pressure on the QB. He is not a big hitter...just a ballhawk. I'm a bit leery of taking another Alabama OG. Think we have better options at ILB in rnd 5 personally. Mannion is again, a decently smart pick but the more I see him, the more I think he's a backup with potential. Would rather go for a player who can develop at another position and provide immediate depth (OL, DL, DB, LB, ST).

Your plan definitely leaves us lacking depth and quality at WR with again a reliance on hunter or Hagan and you only listed 4 guys? Can housler run block REALLY well? If not, we are light on the blocking and heavy on pass catchers. Are we gonna pay Oher $6mil to be a backup, move Schwenke to a new position and start 2 mid-rnd rookies who will have no competition??? On Defense we'd certainly have an influx of talent with Williams, orakpo, Skrine and Holliman so our pass D should be vastly improved. However, we are paying Griff $6mil to be a backup and if Orakpo gets hurt, we lose most of our pass rush. Williams hasn't shown to be a dominant pass rusher most of the time though I don't know if that's scheme.

I will bet this is better than what Webster comes up with though I think we can do better IMHO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar