My Off-Season Plan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This thread deserves a bump, I'd like to see others put up a same roster like you did. Good work bro

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Really should go ahead and let Thorton go at ths point. They really should try to resign Babin from a production standpoint, but in all likelihood he's going to let himself go to free agency to get a bigger contract from last year's numbers than the titans would be willing to give him.

I really don't think the team will be getting a compensation pick for Bulluck, possibly not one for VandenBosch either.

Sims-Walker won't be on the free agency market.

and linebacker probably would need to be addressed a bit earlier than just a 3rd round guy;

new safety needs to be taken care of also

that's all i've got right now; will have to read again through the rest of it later

oh and likely a 5th is too high to be getting in return for young

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I say let Babin walk. He's going to ask for $2-3M per season now that he thinks he's hot stuff, and for what I think he'll do, $2-3M is way too much. He had 12.5 sacks and that won't happen again. People now know about what he could do, and will be sure to stop him. His strategy is too easy to defend. All he does is bait the Tackle to the outside, then spins inside, or keeps going full speed around the outside of the Tackle. He doesn't do much for run support either.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

additionally, you can't trade compensatory picks.

And Sims-Walker deserves to be cut, he was flat-out terrible this year. I was stupid enough to draft him in my fantasy league.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

were did I trade a comp pick?

6. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

My Off-Season Plan

Head coach: Munch i just like the idea of an offensive line coach i dont think he'll be fisher 2.0 i think he'll bring toughness to both sides of the ball the o-line and d-line

I say we keep Kerry Collins he has decent chemistry with Kenny Britt
    Really what will orton do for this team he puts up big numbers in a qb friendly system thats about it... he doesnt win games
    McNabb maybe if the price is right i will take him over Collins only if we can get him fairly cheap, but im sure Washington will keep him

CUTS: Babin (probably want to much money/lack of run support help) thorton, witherspoon time to get young again, justin gage, nate washington

None of the qb in the first round is worth a pick another later is just another product qb we have that already in smith and i dont think he is the answer by far
    im a michigan state fan and i say 2012 go for kirk cousins
    we have a strong foundation on offense for him to step into
    this year we work on making our d-fense a force to be reckon with

1st Round – Von Miller
    This guy is exactly what we need at OLB he can play both positions, he is an awesome blitzer with decent pass coverage skill
    2nd Round – Ahmed Black
    he will be our Bob's Sanders (Black little guy backs a punch/turnover machine/plays big when the game is big)
    3rd Round -NO QB instead BIG DT Kenrick Ellis from Hampton? what 6-5 340 huge run stopper but has good quickness for his size we need this big guy in our middle
    4th Round – Kelvin Sheppard (an inside linebacker with some coverage skills to hopefully be tully replacement
    5th round- Ricky Elmore (6'5 255) big defensive end to help run support and is a sack machine all about production
    5th Round (#135 from Vikings) – Zach Hurd nice big guard prospect for Munch to turn into a probowler
    6th Round - Marcus White (another big defensive end 6'4 262
    7th Round – Allend Bradford 5-11 235lb he will be our smash to chris johnson dash

2011 Depth Chart:
    QB: Collins | Free Agent | Smith
    RB: CJ2K | Bradford | Ringer
    FB: Hall
    WR: Britt | Williams | Hawkins | Mariani
    TE: Cook | Stevens |
    LT: Roos | Kropog
    LG: Huard | Velasco |
    C: Kevin Matthews | Velasco
    RG: Scott | Velasco |
    RT: Stewart | Otto

DE: Morgan | Ford |
    DT: Jones |Ellis| Brown | Marks
    DE: Elmore | White |
    OLB: McRath |
    MLB: Sheppard| Tulloch | Shaw
    OLB: Miller | Curran
    CB: Finnegan | Verner | McCourty |
    SS: Black | | Rolle
    FS: Griffin | Johnson
    K: Bironas
    P: Kern

7. xpmar9x

so wait, you want to keep Tulloch.. but then not start him?

You also want a 5th round DE starting?

I do like Black. Might be a reach at our 2nd round though. But he's a ton smaller than Bob Sanders. Sanders is 5'8 205-210, Black is 5'9 183. There's a 20+ lb difference. They have similar playing style, Black needss to bulk up.

Just look at the difference:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. xpmar9x

I'm also starting to think we'll take Mallett in the 2nd round... He's falling down boards, and he's alot like KC. Maybe we'll re-sign Kerry for a year, have Mallett sit for a year then start. Then with our 1st go D: Von Miller, Amukamara, BOWERS, or Quinn.

9. tomachek2009

tomachek2009 LEGEND

I know there a big size difference doesnt mean black wont bulk up when he turns pro. They play a lot alike thats what i like. I do agree with a 5th round pick DE starting he a big producer with great size, we re going to have growing pains whats the difference with having Babin in there for another year rather than letting him get experience. Yes i will keep tulloch and not start him if sheppard outplays him, because you need a reliable back-up since tulloch can only run stop. I wouldnt mind taking mallet in the 2 round if he falls that far i love his size and arm

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Here is mine then:

Head coach: Fewell (I think in will be Munch and my favorite is Malarkey but I am going with Fewell because I think he is just the best candidate at this time)

Re-sign: Hall, Kern, Shaw, Hayes, Velesco, Moss(cheap), Ford, Bailey, and Tulloch(not for elite money though).

Do not re-sign: Babin, Ball, Allred, Collins, Douglas, Hood, Nickey, Scaife, Thorton

Release: Justin Gage, Ryan Mouton, Jovan Haye, Chris Hopen Amano

Sign FAs: Barry Cofield, Mathis Kiwanuka, Donovan McNabb, Troy Smith

Coaches that come in from other teams tend to raid players from their old organizations. The Titans should try and grab Barry Cofield and Mathis Kiawanuka from the Giants defensive line. The Titans then need to grab a veteran QB and I can think of noone better then Donovan McNabb. McNabb is a good enough QB to let the team stay competitive while giving the Titans a leader in the locker room. Troy Smith can emulate what McNabb brings to the team and can 'challenge' (i.e. backup) McNabb for the starting role in 2011

Draft:

Titans trade 1st & 6th for Lions 1st, 2nd, 4th. (Lions trade up for Prince Amkumara)

1st Round (#13 from Lions) – Cam Newton, QB Auburn
    2nd Round (#39) – DeAndre McDaniel, S Clemson
    2nd Round (#44 from Lions)- Bruce Carter, LB UNC
    3rd Round – (#77) John Moffit, OG Wisconson
    4th Round (#106 from Lions) – Jake Kirkpatrick, C TCU
    4th Round (#108) – Ian Williams, NT Notre Dame
    5th Round (#140) – John Clay, HB Wisconsin
    6th Round Comp – Darius Morris, OT/OG Temple
    7th Round (200) – BPA (IDK)

I agree with the fact that the Lions will try to trade up for Amukamara but teams don't try to find a franchise QB in round three. IMO our pick will come down to either Gabbert or Newton if we decide to go QB in round 1 and I am giving the nod to Newton based off his physical abilities. After one year behind McNabb Micheal Vick went from a one dimensional running QB to a potential MVP candidate (especially in the first half of the season) Newton will get 2-3 years to learn behind Donovan where he will learn how to be a professional NFL level QB.

For the rest of the draft I have us taking Carter and McDaniel to start for us at ROLB and SS. McDaniel will be an immediate upgrade over Chris Hope while Carter is athletic enough to run with the majority of TE's in the NFL. With our picks in rounds 3 and 4 I have us reenforcing the interior of our offensive line with Moffit at OG, who IMO moved up a round after a strong Senior Bowl showing, and Jake Kirkpatrick who had a very productive career at TCU (I think Kirkpatrick in the 4th is a major steal). Ian Williams will add more depth for us at DT with Jones bouncing over to DE and Morris will give us a versatile Olineman the can add depth at both OT and OG. Clay is add for 3rd and short/ goal carries and give Tennessee Smash and Dash v2.0.

2011 Depth Chart:
    QB: McNabb | Smith | Newton
    RB: Johnson | Clay | Ringer
    FB: Hall
    WR: Britt | Moss | Washington |Williams | Mariani
    TE: Cook | Stevens
    LT: Roos | Kropog | Morris
    LG: Moffitt | Velasco | Morris
    C: Kirkpatrick | Matthews | Velasco
    RG: Scott | Velasco | Morris
    RT: Stewart | Morris

DE: Jones | Morgan | Ford
    DT: Cofield | Brown | Williams | Marks
    DE: Kiwanuka | Hayes
    OLB: Carter | (McGrath/Witherspoon)*
    MLB: Tulloch | Shaw | Bailey
    OLB: (McGrath/Witherspoon)* | Curran
    CB: Finnegan | Verner | McCourty | Hood
    SS: McDaniel | Fuller | Rolle
    FS: Griffin | Johnson
    K: Bironas
    P: Kern

* McGrath and Witherspoon compete for the spot opposite Bruce Carter
    * 50/53 spots are full leaving room to add extra players at CB/TE/ the unspecified player in the seventh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar