my observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

let me say first i watched the game on nfl netowrk so i had to listen to the bronco commentators during the first half. i had to mute the tv and turn on some music, that's how painful it was to listen to them.

ok, now to the game.

offense

1. pillar and olson look old and slow. i hope stewart wins the right tackle job so bell can replace pillar.
    2. i thought it was interesting that bobby wade got the start. i guess givens was held out because of his hammy. he looks to be voleks go to guy.
    3. we all know volek is not going to beat you with his feet, but he has no escapability at all.
    4. chris brown needs to get the ball more in the passing game.
    5. i thought vince looked much more poised than he did in week one. he seems to have a connection with roby on the 15 yard out.
    6. travis henry runs very hard, but he doesnt go very far.
    7. lendale ran with purpose.
    *edit* ahmard hall had a great reception on a third and 3. he also blocked very well.
    defense

i almost started the official fire jim schwartz thread, but i thought i would wait for the defense to suck in the regular season for that.

1. pacman loves press coverage and he's very good at it.
    2. the defensive ends apparently have never seen a naked bootleg, because we didnt try to contain one the entire first half.
    3. lamont thompson bit hard on a 4th and inches play action and gave up a touchdown.
    4. peter sirmon has not regained his speed from 2003. he doesnt looked comfortable in the middle. he runs around blocks and got knocked back by tatum bell on the goal line.
    5.david thornton runs like a deer and can bring the wood.
    6.frankly, the defense has been all talk this off season. they look exactly like they did last year. shotty tackling and no heart.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

The Official Fire Schwartz thread starts here - lol

CB IS a 3rd down back being misused as a franchise back.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i completely agree.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Having had few hours sleep to reflect on it:

The D line was not a unit by any stretch of the imagination. Denvers OL just blew right thru them on blocking getting way up field which left our linebackers & secondary running around like headless chickens.

Sirmon & Thompson looked like week links.

I saw one very bad Roos play where he had control of his block & could have disengaged to disrupt an extra defender coming around the outside . Roos just watched him go by. He is beating his man but is too fixated on his initial blocks & needs to be more aware.

Tulloch never gave up & showed promise.

I liked what I saw of Wade,A Hall & Lendale

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

D sucked. Sucked, sucked, sucked!

My only real response is that I remember seeing sirmon lined up in the middle, and seeing him fly in to lay someone out on the sideline, and I thought, how the heck did he get there so fast. Don't know when it was, and sorry for the lack of detail, but the only thing I noticed about his speed impressed me.

Hill looks like a 7th round pick, he's making one good play for every two misses.

I could not believe the broncos receivers last night. If the ball came within six inches of their hand, it was theirs. They were covered, they got hit, it didn't f-ing matter! I'd love to see our receivers with hands like that.

6. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

An observation= LT can push a player out of bounds like no one else in the NFL. Why the hell did we keep him?

7. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Defense did look BAD

How's this for a compromise?

If he's not fired , at least get Schwartz some coaching help - hire an assistant head coach defense

8. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

Fisher was a defensive player, right? Let's let him call the defensive coverage for a pre-season game and see how he does. I know that there are some coaches that call offense and defense out there in the league, maybe we should try that. If I was a player on the Titans defense, I would have acted the same way in that huddle where Schwartz was screaming his head off. I have no respect for someone who has no respect for me. All of the great coaches have had a certain respect for their players. The Titans have 4 or 5 pro-bowl caliber players on their defense. They are just not being coached right IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar