My NFL Draft (probably wont be popular)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I bet you one whole dollar :)eek:) he is drafted before the 4th or 5th round.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Ha...I'm not saying it would shock me, just going off of what is projected right now. A lot of things can happen between now and April, many players will move up a round or 2 or drop a round or 2 based on their workouts.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agreed. With this mock draft you did, what do you think we'll do regarding the QB situation?

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I believe Fisher will go for a veteran, he has to win now, and the easiest way to do that is get a veteran QB, and draft a couple of impact defensive players in round 1 and 2. McNabb, Orton, and Kolb are the 3 best QBs likely to be available. Personally I see Fisher going after McNabb because of his personality and the fact that he has been deep into the playoffs many times.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd be OK with this style of draft, but I feel it could be better. I think a lot of it depends on who we can get in free agency. This draft screams of a BPA approach minus a couple of key areas of need. Mine would look something like this:

Free agent adds: Weddle and Logan Mankins, Ndamdi is a dream so I won't include him based on realism. Trade a 4th and 5th for Neckbeard. We should get some pretty decent compensatory picks if we part ways with Scaife, Moss, Tully, and the rest. We're saving a lot of salary when we dump VY, Hope, and Gage so we should be able to justify adding Weddle and Mankins. For whatever reason this franchise really takes advantage of the compensatory pick rule; most likely due to cheapness but either way most, if not all, of our free agents will not be back. If we can make a "reasonable" trade for Neckbeard, then we shouldn't re-sign KC but if we can't get him we need to re-sign KC.

1. Stephen Paea DT
    2. BPA
    3. Ricky Stanzi QB
    4. Traded
    4 comp. BPA
    5. Traded
    5 comp. BPA
    6. BPA
    7. BPA
    7 comp. BPA

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I agree with the BPA approach, but I dont agree with Stanzi in round 3. That would mean us using 3 of our first 5 picks on a QB (giving your model for an Orton trade). With the holes on our team that is just not smart. We trade for Orton, then we won't take another QB in this draft. Our QBs would be Orton/Collins/Smith.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I half expect Fisher to try to get Leinart. The guy he wanted to begin with and we wouldn't have to give up anything to get him. Not only that but trading for players will probably be complicated this offseason because of the CBA.

I can't say I love that idea but if the choices are trade multiple 1sts for Kolb, trade a 2nd for Orton or get Leinart as a FA I don't know if the Kolb/Orton are necessarily THAT much better than Leinart. Maybe not enough to give up a high pick. Now if we could throw VY into the deal and only give up a 2nd day pick that changes things. We'll see.

I think with our needs at DT, S, G, OLB and RB (yes I said RB) we can't afford to give up a 1st day pick.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The only problem is A. we just don't know if KC will retire or not and B. we don't know if he will be re-signed based on money demands. I'd be very happy with Orton/Smith/Stanzi. Or even Orton/KC/Stanzi and Rusty on the practice squad.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I fully expect Fisher to bring Collins back as a back-up. Either way, spending 3 of our first 5 picks on a QB is not smart. If we trade for Orton, we will bring back Collins, or sign a back-up like Volek. This team has entirely too many holes to trade two picks for Orton and then draft a QB in round 3. AS much as I like Stanzi is just doesn't make sense. DT, LB, S, OG, C have to be upgraded, and we could use an upgrade at corner too.

10. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Thats a pretty good looking draft there. Well Done.

I'm all in for Kirkpatrick, sorry X but nearly everything I read has him going in the 4-5th round, but he could definetly go earlier.
    I dont fancy Paea at 8, I reckon we wait to see who falls. I'm still dreaming of a Babin-AH-Jones-Morgan front line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar