My NFL Draft (probably wont be popular)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I know this won't be popular among many, but I do not see the Titans taking a QB early in this draft. Fisher is in a win now situation, so I believe he will go with a veteran QB and take some of the impact defensive players early in this draft. Assuming that is the case, here is how I would handle the draft.

Round 1. Stephen Paea: DT Oregon St. ...I would love Fairley here but he will most likely be gone, and could easily see us taking Prince Amukamara here, would be fine with that pick, but the trademark of Fisher's successful teams has been a dominant dline. Either of these guys could come in and start from day 1 on this D.

Round 2. Raheem Moore: S UCLA..(note:If Amuakmara is the pick in round 1, then I change this pick to Marvin Austin)...Hope was a huge liability last year, and with the #1 safety in this draft sliding to us in round 2, there is noway we can pass.

Round 3. John Moffitt: G Wisconsin..The inside of our oline was a weakness last year. We have to be able to get a better push to get CJ going. Moffitt is one of the better interior lineman in this draft.

Round 4. Casey Matthews ILB Oregon...A sure tackler who can also play the pass. I'm still hoping we can sign Chad Greenway as a free agent, but even if we do Casey would be great addition in the 4th round.

Round 5. Jake Kirkpatrick C TCU...We will probably have to trade up into the back end of round 4 to get him, but he would be well worth it. Interior line is a major need for this team, and after this pick we would have addressed it with 2 picks in the first 5 rounds with 2 of the better interior linemen in the draft.

Round 6. Darrin Walls DB Notre Dame...This is a little longer then I would have liked to have waited to address CB, but with the needs elsewhere, I think it had to be done.

Round 7. Konrad Reuland TE Stanford...There is a very good chance he would have gone undrafted, but as a TE that can block and run, I think he would be a good pick in round 7.

I think this addresses most of the needs on this team, especially defense. I would have liked to have drafted a corner earlier, but if the draft falls like this, I can't argue with waiting on one.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Looks good enough for me. Of course what we do in free agency will predicate what we do in the draft. So it's a bit early for my mock, but I like where your head's at.

I'm anxious to see how Cam does tonight tho.

3. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Cam will be Cam tonight...he will have a huge game.

I agree about free agency, it could change our draft completely depending on what we do.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO best DL guy in 1st, DE or DT, use 2nd rounder on Orton or Kolb, then use the 3rd rounder on LB. Find a SS in FA (Weddle). We can get value at OG/OC in the 4th.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Orton can be had for a 3rd, maybe even a 4th. Personally I believe we go after McNabb once he is released. Weddle would be fine, really the defensive player I want is Chad Greenway (outside of Nnamdi of course).

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wonder where KFC fits in if McNabb is pursued? Can't have two No.5's

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I heard Schefter say yesterday that it would take TWO 1st round picks to get Kolb. The Eagles are either insane or they just really don't want to let him go. Personally, I'm not even convinced Kolb is worth a 2nd. Look at his stats. Pretty pedestrian. I think Kolb must have the same PR firm as Jeff Fisher.

8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Draft looks pretty solid, except I hate the Marvin Austin idea.

As far as Kolb, he doesn't make a lot of money and Mike Vick obviously isn't a sure thing, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to give him away.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kirkpatrick is projected a 2nd round pick. You have him going 5th round.

Seems like everyone wants Matthews, he should thank Clay for that!

Not so hot on Rahim Moore. He's mostly a FS/CB, we need a SS. I'd rather us take DeAndre McDaniel in the 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpAk11N3VkM

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Everything I have seen on Kirkpatrick has him with a 4-5 round grade. Wisniewski is generally the only C I have seen in the 2nd.
    I don't expect Casey to be anything like Clay, but he is a sure tackler that can play pass coverage as well. Would be a fine pick in the 4th or 5th.
    I would be more then fine with McDaniel in the 2nd. He would fit our D well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar