My GOD

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Xplayer52, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

the sky is falling!

2. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

:ha: I know your such a student of the game... so I wont explain that our running game is struggling because teams are stacking the line because they know Young will take us out of the passing game himself... that's " Based on what ", but let me guess... Young just had a " bad day ". It's funny, you have your opinion and I have mine... and you immediately call me a name ( for what I don't know ). You call White "Lenuseless", but you say " Young's just in his second year"... isn't White in his second year.

3. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

If Vince didn't get hurt in that game I would say he would've had about 200 some yards in the air... thats the pace he was on witch isn't that bad.....

4. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I agree,he was looking quite good before the injury.anyway didn't he always play crap until the 4th quarter and then pull the game out for us?

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Thought i'd hit the stats chart before responding as i've been travelling around the world for the last 2 weeks or so and haven't been following up indepth about most other non-divisional teams until the last couple of days or so. You're right about The Vikings and Raiders being near the bottom of the charts in terms of passing and still better than us in their YPC as well as YPG with their ground attack.

Plus I have a feeling that the bye week is helping out our stats as we haven't been as affective in weeks 2-5 as we were during the first week.

But still, we continue to maintain the sixth overall position in terms of rushing yards per game and our rushing attempts attempt are more than any other team in the league. I understand that with the same attempts we should have more yards and there is no reason why we're not #1 instead of #6 in yds/game (especially with the talent of our o-line), however what we're doing on the ground remains much better than what we're doing in the air which in my understanding is what this thread is all about.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

where is the two back set with the slot receiver that runs the go... play action... roll out and toss 30, 40 yds for the big first down? We show run... they stack the line... LenDale crams his fat arse 2 and 1/2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage... When does the D have to pay the piper? Never! We just keep running the ball... and when we finally do pass it's some gay 5 yard pattern that sails... I hope something changes or our team is going to go on a major slide.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know, travis henry averaged 4.5 YPC with the same player playing QB and the exact same o-line, but somehow it's the QB's inability to throw the ball that is hurting our new starting back.

now, if we have the same QB, who has actually improved his completion % and has hit more WRs downfield than last year and with the same o-line still creating holes but we have a back that is averaging more than a full yard less, how is it anyone else's fault but the back?

i mean, for the love of God, we have another back that is averaging 2 full yards more than LenUseless.

at this point, giving the ball to LenUseless is a waste of a play.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I agree with you bonky... The appropriate word in this context would be "our".

9. PrimeTyme

PrimeTyme Guest

I admit Lendale is too slow right now and definitely has to get his speed up. However, he is being asked to bang his head on a brick wall play after play after play and he is doing a good job in getting the yards he does get. He hasn't had many plays for a loss and he almost always sticks somebody at the end of his runs. These same plays would probably be going for 4 to 5 yards instead of 2 or 3 if Vince could make people fear the pass and his running ability again (which I think he will). As long as people stack that box and Fisher wants to run right into the middle of it you are going to see many many 2 to 3 yard runs no matter who carries it.

10. DirtyDime10

DirtyDime10 Guest

Ha, whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar