My fellow audiophiles, I need some input.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GeronimoJackson, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Just a cheap Vizio.

I wasn’t implying it being a great sound bar, just implying that hardly any of my friends have any sort of setup that isn’t their TV speakers.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I've just been looking for a decent sound bar lately. Not expecting elite sound but mainly just want something where the dialogue is not super low and then suddenly a sound effect blows the windows out.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Bose Solo 5 is a solid entry one but it doesn’t come with a subwoofer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

For anyone using TV speakers, invest in a cheap soundbar if on a budget. You’ll notice a difference right away. With tv’s getting thinner and thinner, tv speakers are meant to sound like crap.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Sound bars have come a long way. My friend bought a Sonos and its solid, I am very impressed with the sound. I would buy it if I didn't already have my setup. I am actually looking for a sound bar for my home office. I don't want to spend a lot for a Sonos as its expensive and more for a living room, just want better sound than the TV speakers so $100-$300 should do. Here's what CNET ranked:

Best Sound Bars for 2018

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I’ve had mine about two years, just a $200ish one from wal mart. Came with a sub and all.

Honestly, it’s probably the best $200 I’ve ever spent. I’ve caught myself in a handful of movies thinking it was a legit 5.1 surround sound. I live in an apartment and work nights, and have thought the sub was too loud at times. I’d recommend it, and would buy it again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GeronimoJackson

See if you can find a good deal for the Samsung HW-MS650. That’s one of the more popular sound bars in the $350-$400 range that I’ve heard many good things about. And I believe it comes with a hdmi port.

8. GeronimoJackson

$200 soundbar giving you a 5.1 effect? Man, I have to look into this myself...

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I mean, for a select for movies I’ve heard it. By no means is it constantly doing that lol.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea my Vizio sound bar sounds pretty good, just no low end without the sub

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar