My favorite power RBs this year(the good ones)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Apr 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I will only be looking at the power rbs this year since I'm cool with(well kind of forced to be cool with) rolling with sankey and seastrunk as our lightning guys this year. We still need some thunder though because neither one of these guys are going to push a pile and get us that sure 1st down....

Obviously, gurley and gordon are in a class of their own. But if we aren't lucky enough to have one of them fall to us in the 2nd then we will most likely be targeting one in the mid to late rounds so here are some of the guys I like:

Karlos Williams
    6'1 230
    40 time: 4.48

Ultimate Karlos Williams Highlights | HD:

Very intriguing prospect, but many question marks. He runs with authority. Apparently there are character concerns and its a mystery why he went from 8.0 ypc his junior year to 4.6 ypc his senior year, but I wouldn't mind spending a 6th round pick on him if he's there(As he's projected to be). If not for his domestic assault dispute(big no no right now) he'd probably be a sure thING to go day 2.

Matt Jones
    6'2 231
    40 time: 4.53

Matt Jones: Florida Gator - Career Highlights [HD]:

while he doesn't sport awesome numbers from college. His 4.9 ypc isn't too bad considering the gators have sucked the past couple seasonS. His main knock was speed, but he dispelled that issue by running a 4.53 at his pro day today. I see a passionate runner who has good hands, vision, some agility along with power. Could MAYBE be had in the 5th. I don't see him making it to the 6th anymore after running that 4.53.

Javorius Allen
    6'0 221
    40 time: 4.53

Ultimate Javorius "Buck" Allen Highlights | HD:

love his tape. may not be powerful enough though (only hit 11 reps at the combine). Still if he falls to the 4th, he's worth a look. Get a guy with talent and size like that to commit himself in the weight room, and he could be really, really nasty.

David Johnson
    6'1 224
    40 time: 4.50

David Johnson|| Northern Iowa Highlights:

WR turned RB that had over 2500 all purpose yards. Yes please. Not to mention he got 26 reps and a 41 inch vert. If somehow a miracle happens and he falls to the 4th, I'd take him with no hesitation.

I didn't list Jay AjayI because I'm not in favor of spending a 3rd round pick on a rb. and there's no way he makes it to the 4th. If he did that'd be awesome though.

So basically give me david johnson, or buck in the 4th. If they're not their wait til the 5th and get matt Jones. If he's not there take Karlos Williams in the 6th.

Note: david cobb and his 4.81 40 are not listed on purpose.

#1 J Falk, Apr 7, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like David Cobb. He's not the fastest guy, but that's not his game. He's a beast at getting the tough yards right up the gut and moving the pile. Would be an immediate upgrade over Greene in that area if we took him. He may be a little too similar to Antonio Andrews though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Great size/speed/power prospect, not a great runner of the football. When he was at safety I thought he was a linebacker playing safety. When he was at running back I thought he was a linebacker playing running back. I still think that's his natural position, but he just didn't want to play it.

He's very straight line. Goes down easily on low contact. Left a lot of yards on the field when he would have one guy to beat and would get taken down by an ankle swipe. Will bull people when they go high though. Great inside the ten and 3rd and one. Good hands out of the backfield. Willing blocker.

The offensive line was awful to begin the year, especially run blocking. He had an ankle injury was well.

I think he's a value in the fifth because you're getting a guy who excelled on special teams his first two years and he would have little difficulty making the adjustment at the next level while also getting a guy who is still semi-raw as a RB.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Where the hell is TJ Yeldon on this list?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

no just what I can find on web, why?

I don't get out to Cali much.....

7. JCBRAVE

Not the best idea to suggest a player you haven't watched play. I mean hows that even work? You want your name tied to a guy that likely wont see an NFL field? Makes you look a little foolish dont ya think?

Personally I would never do such a thing, gotta watch the tape so you look like you half know something..

• Boring Boring x 1
  8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

another guy I don't see falling to the 4th. Hell he probably won't even fall to the 3rd.

9. JCBRAVE

Im glad to hear you say that cause some whack-o's here say he sucks lol, and I apologize for not noting you said mid round guys you like, you're are right then to leave off Yeldon, he's maybe as high as the 3rd/4th RB this year which would make him a 2nd-3rd rounder.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar