My boy runs a 4.38 40

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RyansTitans, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I heard estimates on Sirius today that Ginn was no more than 75-80% when he ran those times of 4.38, 4.44 and 4.45.

2. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

???? Now we are telling fish stories.

I think that you are a little bias in your opinions of Ginn since you are a Buckeye fan. Have you ever noticed how UT fans on this site want a UT player drafted by the Titans that makes no sense whatsoever?

3. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

75% of 4.4 is 3.3

4. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

I think it's important that we realize that 40 time is not necessarily football speed.

I will agree that others ran a faster 40 than Teddy Ginn. However, all you have to do is go on youtube, search teddy ginn, and you'd see that in terms of wide recievers, no one is faster than him on the field.

Seriously, watch how quickly he separates from the defender. On all his long TD runs, whether it be on kick off return or whatever, the closest defender is always like 10+ yards behind him when he scores.

If all you want is speed, you can't really make a legitimate argument for anyone over Teddy Ginn... AGain, that's if all you want is speed.

Just watch some youtube tape.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Did this guy just say he'd run a 4.2 or better? If Ginn ever runs a 4.19 I'll pay for your season tickets to whatever team he's playing for throughout his career.

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Thanks for the correction, I hadn't heard the follow up. He still wasn't planning on running it, which makes more of a difference than you would think

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

did anyone have him going top five? because I haven't even seen him in the top ten in any mocks I've seen

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

top five or ten in 40 times

9. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

Pacman was the one player I didn't want the Titans to draft that year and Ginn is the one player I don't want them drafting this year. Not for the same reasons, but I'll be really upset if we draft Ginn in the 1st round this year. There are 4 WRs I like better and I'd say close to 30 players in general I'd rather have. Of course, JMHO.

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

What are you guys going to do if we draft him?

I mean you cant say we wont and I cant say we will cuz theres no way of knowing.

The same with if he will be good or not. I know I say hes the fastest reciever in the draft and will be awesome in the NFL but in all reality thats just my OSU mind talking. Theres no way of knowing.. he could be the next Steve Smith or he could be the next Troy Williamson.

Only person who can backup what ive been saying is him.

Hope he does tho... it'll be funny to hear what some of you say

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar