My boy runs a 4.38 40

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RyansTitans, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

So you're saying that maybe he could be the next Troy Williamson?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

well, this is the thing that gets to me about ginn; throw out durability, hands, blocking, all of that, it's his YPC. he's always said to be the big play guy, but when you look at the guys who will go in the first round, he is below all of them in YPC. he's below jarrett, who cant outrun kerry collins.

ted ginn jr- 14.4
    calvin johnson- 16.4
    dwayne bowe- 15.6
    dwayne jarrett- 14.5
    rob meahem- 17.1

those are all career averages.

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

robbie meachem ftw

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If I remember correctly, Johnson wasn't even planning on running the 40 at the combine, but when teams started questioning him about opting out he borrowed someone elses shoes to run it, can you possibly argue that he could have been 100% ready to run that? but he still ran a 4.35

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

Johnson didn't have an injured foot prior to running, nor did he run in the rain. He was in shape when he went to the combine.

If they used laser time, knock off an additional .08 off his 40 to a 4.30.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Oh yeah, he did it twice too.

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

if anyone thinks that johnson can out run ted ginn there on crack.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Spending the 19th pick in the draft on a Kick Returner who will never amount to more than a #2 WR in the NFL and who flat-out CANNOT block, when we still can't stop the damn run, would be one of the worst draft decisions ever made by this organisation. I don't see it.

His pro-day meant nothing. Every one knows he's fast. If we installed a running track around the field and we were awrded 7 points for each track meet Teddy won, then it might be a different story.

9. judging by 40 time Calvin is the faster man, dang this stuff is good too aint it

10. 4.38 is under 4.4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar