MVP watch: Warner, Manning reconsidered

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

look at the teams warner has beaten this year. i am sure we could field a team of players from this board that could give them a run for their money. the cards beat up on a horrible division. thats why they clinched.

but nice spin job

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Since you read the entire post, you saw that I said you can make an argument for any of them based on many things, including biases.

It's no surprise from your screen name who you 'want' to win the MVP, so it's clear you will only see pros and cons for players that help 'your' player win. It's human nature, no biggie.

No need to be angry about someone else disagreeing with you, bud :)

3. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

im not angry. just your logic is completely flawed. if you actually look at the whole season you cant even put warner in the conversation. now if you make an argument for peterson, i wouldnt disagree with you.

warner isnt deserving at all.

4. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If Warner isn't deserving in your eyes, then that clearly means Manning isn't either....thru today:

Warner
    26 TDs
    13 INTs
    97.4 rating
    4289 yards

Manning
    26 TD's
    12 InT's
    93.8 rating
    3907 yards

For someone to have to choose one of those guys over the other would have to come down to bias or some sort of outside preferences.

As much as I dislike the Colts, I actually like Peyton as an NFL player. He is a brilliant play caller and executor, and probably the face of the game.

The key difference is the timing of their success. Manning has excelled and caught up as of late. And Warner had already clinched a playoff spot 3 weeks ago. You can not penalize him for not 'having' to win a few late season games.

Bottom line, there is not a definitive winner between the 2. And for you to say "Warner isn't deserving at all" shows your blatant homerism. They each have had very good years.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I wonder how Warner would do with the Titans.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So nate? Ignore who the cards had to beat and beat out to make the playoffs? Only 2 wins vs teams with a winning record?

The colts are 11-4.

Cardinals are 8-6

At this point I think it is clearly manning.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Of late? the colts just won their 8th straight game.

I would hope so their nearest competition in the division is 5-9.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Yes, of late. The colts were 3-4, so in 7 games, Manning "led" his team to a losing record and was bailed out by his defense in a couple of those (Vikings, Texans). If the MVP balloting was from weeks 8-current, Manning wins hands down. Unfortunately for him, it's a 17 week season, not who had the best 8-game run. if that is true, I guess Manning will get downgraded after next week since he won't put up any stats since his team no longer has any purpose of winning since they've clinched their playoff spot.

So, it's based solely and who had the tougher division and who wins the most games?

If that's the case, shouldn't we give it to Eli or Delhomme?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nate, the colts have a 2 game record better than the cardinals.

I'll tell you what. If warner beats the pats today at boston in the snow i'll give consideration for an mvp. But he won't win and his team may only end up 8-8 playing in by far the weakest division.

10. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

mannings stats would be much better if he got to play against the seahawks, rams and niners twice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar