Murray Officially Out Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Murray looked done all season outside of maybe one game. I hope Henry takes this opportunity and runs it down their throats. Would be nice to see this actually open up the pass game, from a scheme and play calling point of view. Doubt it happens, but I can always hope.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So he hasn't had a chance to get into a groove but if he flops in his first start, time to draft a RB? It's time to draft another RB but not to replace Henry...we need a speed back, Henry and Murray are too similar. That combined with our dumbazz staff is making us too predictable

We should be looking elsewhere for a coach and OC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

There is no question that Henry deserved more reps and that Murray looks gassed...all damn season honestly. They are forcing it to Murray because of the name, pay, etc. Yes, he is better in pass protection, but Henry has outrun him this year by far. That said, we do need a complement back that is shifty and fast. I’m not so sure Henry is the 3 down guy. He is a 3rd to 4th quarter guy that wears you down with that stiff arm etc.

#73 JR1980, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Don't disagree with the coaching comment one bit, BUT, if Murray is out (which I really think he is done after this season, at least with us), AND, if Henry does not look like he can pick up that slack, I think that it is wise to draft a RB. Actually either way (with Murray gone) I think that drafting a RB is a wise move in the upcoming draft....Henry's performance on Sunday would merely cause me to elevate or reduce the need in the draft (Top 2 round draft pick or mid round).

So yeah, I stand by what I said previously. He has been in the league two full seasons now, and has gradually seen increasing playing time, so this Sunday is his chance to show me something.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree with that, and my comments above mirror yours. I like Henry, but I’m not convinced we don’t need another back. I honestly think we need another QB in this draft, along with an edge rusher, and some Guard help later.

6. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Everyone saying Murray is the better back to catch passes out of the backfield blocking etc. Idk why people think this when Henry's sample size has been small. He only really gets reps towards end of the games, I'd like to see him play a full season so he could get better at everything Murray is 'good ' at. The simple fact is it doesn't matter how great Murray is at this or that when he's beat the **** up and slow as ****. I think Henry is a better fix for the offense we'd all like to see instead of what we get right now. I feel Henry is going to help get the screen game going as well. But I am all for adding another back via draft.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

No doubt! I don’t understand the constant forcing the ball to slow ass Murray who IS NOT the future...It’s ridiculous honestly...I could see if Henry was terrible, but he isn’t. He’s had way more “big” moments than Murray this year...

8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

dont bring the Yankees into this.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think we need a speed back....Jerick McKinnon interests me in FA

10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

At this point, no threads about who the upcoming FA available will be. It's been a few seasons since that wasn't the conversation by week 14/15.

When the season is officially over, I'd like to see that list. Probably make a better choice for draft day too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar