Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry. This thread is about a quarterback that can win for the Titans NOW. There's 358 pages of Vince Young bull$#!t in some other thread.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He can. And has.

But I agree, lets not get this thread off topic.

Who are your top prospects who can win NOW?

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'm being realistic so I'm liking Hasselbeck. I wouldn't be overly upset with Bulger. He at least would hand over the reins gracefully when the time comes.

I don't really expect a whole lot of wins.

But I'm down for "11" :wink2:

4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I still prefer McNabb to Hasselbeck. If we're talking about winning that is. McNabb will have a monster year wherever he ends up and I'd love for it to be here with us and CJ and Kenny. Throw some Todd Heap in the mix. Shoooot.

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I don't think we're looking for a QB that can win now in the sense he has to be a game changer, but one that can do an excellent job at being a game manager. If we can get some help through free agency for the offensive line especially with CJ2k in the backfield and do enough with the defense where they're not horrible this year, I believe we can make it with a guy like Hasselbeck, a veteran quarterback who can properly manage a game..compared to the likes of Vince Young (who if given the right situation yeah maybe he can succeed) who can't really be trusted as a manager because of his inability to read defenses.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I'd be fine with McNabb too, but I think there might be something about McNabb that makes him less than ideal. McNabb might be a little too big for his britches. I don't see him imparting too much knowledge. McNabb seems like he overestimates his worth as a starter.

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im hearing if we cant get Hasselbeck we will turn to Orton.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

He's a better choice than McNabb.

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Orton is a pansy! I would rather throw Locker to the Wolves than play that nerd!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Really? I thought he did OK with Denver... Didn't he have some success there? I know they only won four games but they put up a lot of points in losses. Did Orton give up 59 points to the Raiders? Please, keep in mind I pay less attention to the afc west.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar