Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

So in 2006, the Titans got rid of McNair and signed Collins to mentor Young. If the Titans sign Hasselback, you can't help but notice the similarities in the situation. Controversial cutting of the previous QB and signing of the proven veteran to mentor the new rookie. Same story, different characters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

except McNair was a proven warrior and VY is a douchebag.

Seriously, if VY was a "proven veteran" Jake Locker would have never been drafted by the Titans. If VY was a "proven veteran" people would be asking which team is going to hand VY the keys to their franchise rather than wondering if he will find a team to invite him to camp to play a back-up role at all. McNair was on the heavy downhill slide of his career and although he was a fan favorite, his contract was prohibitive in that the Titans could not carry two mega salary qb's on their books while Vince Young is supposed to be in his prime. VY is supposed to be poised to win big games and be in command. He should be making sure he gets a nice extension on his contract instead of wondering if he can get a one year deal somewhere.

In short, don't insult McNair's legacy by comparing him to Young.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not even close.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Eli Manning can play 16 games, anybody can.
    Vince seems to do NOTHING to prevent injuries though. It's actually just short of amazing he's not been paralyzed yet. With his frame and style of play, he'd have been ripped in half if not for his strong stabilizing muscles. Stabilizer muscles help keep your body steady during motion. Vince has some good little muscles holding him together. That's step-1 to staying healthy, but he doesn't take advantage of that little benefit.

5. JCBRAVE

Don't fool yourself into thinking Hasselbeck isn't any good. The stat sheet lies. He's MUCH better than what his passer rating indicates.

As for fans wanting Favre to mentor Locker......... It could happen. Favre is in MS with Joe Webb (little Vince Young), so maybe it could work, but I'd rather not swing and miss with Favre, because that's how he plays. TD or INT, no median, and Locker needs to learn how to be consistent.

6. JCBRAVE

Kirwin is a bum! Don't believe ANYTHING he spews out. And Carson is not available...

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

That's why I put or retire :wink2:

8. titanfan77

titanfan77 Starter

You misread my post. I was referring to the proven veteran in both cases as Collins and Hasselbeck respectfully, not Vince. And I was not intending to comparing McNair to Vince. I have as much respect for McNair as anyone on this board. My point was that the process (I guess that was the word I should have used) was strikingly similar, although contexts are different.

9. JCBRAVE

He opens his article up with Carson Palmer as the best QB to go after, even though he's not available to be pursued. Then the very next page starts with "If the Palmer situation is a dead end".

Umm ok lol

THEN he goes on talking up Marc Bulger starting... WTF!!!! HELL NO! Bulger is not going to start ANYWHERE! Bank on it. IDK how I know these simple little things and this guy doesn't.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just imagine if we could make the money he makes to write fluff articles. :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar