Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Mike/Kyle?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Shannahan.

And I don't believe it for a second, no way VY could handle playing for Shanny.

3. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Shanahan.

I'm so ready for the FA, trades and pre-season football.

We'll all finally get our specuations answered.

Who will be the QB mentor for Jake, will Jake start?
    Where will Vince end up?

4. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I dunno but I think guys like Hasselbeck are gonna want at least 2 years as a starter. Why would they go to a team that just spent a high first round pick on their QB of the future? Wouldn't surprise me if it's not a household name QB that ends up being the veteran.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

7. Chapparal97

If the money is right, could Munchak get half a season out of him? If willing, he could provide Jake with the development he needs and get one more paycheck before he hangs the cleats up. He lives only a few hours out of Nashville.

The key question is.....is he willing to help develop a rookie that many experts see as his younger version?

8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Nothing personal, I know other fans have wanted him too. But there's no way in he7l I want Favre as our QB. He's past his time and he didn't mentor AR when he was Green Bay. Talk about divas...

9. Chapparal97

No arguing there, you are absolutely correct of his past.

However, age/experience/maturity has a tendency of mellowing people. He didn't help tutor AR 6 years ago, but he was in his prime then....still fighting for a starters spot. For one last paycheck, his diminishing skills and knowledge of the pro game ould be beneficial to Jake's development.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Aaron Rodgers still had the benefit of playing behind him. Need I bring up the long list of Brett Favre back-ups that have gone on to have great careers? Mentoring is great but just playing behind a guy who leads, inspires, wins, EC... there's something to be said of that. I know that Favre didn't do a whole lot personally for Aaron Rodgers but Rodgers is a better player today for the experience. Funny thing is nobody is talking about Favre being the Eagles starter, rather, they are talking about him backing up Mike Vick. What difference does it make what he did or didn't do for Rodgers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar