Munchak to interview with the Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Agreed. Not really sure why when Fitz came in they decided to air it out.

But then again, maybe they thought they could get points. It did work... until he'd have to pass in the 4th.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm glad you feel that way. I'm sure you will enjoy Munchak coaching your Lions.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I believe they tried to keep things the same when Jake got hurt the first time and Fitz filled in for him. I think they weren't happy with what they saw or Fitz wasn't comfortable in that system so they went with something he was more familiar/comfortable with. I thought it was he right move and seemed to make perfect sense. Fitz came out firing and the passing game was clicking until he started making those costly turnovers.

4. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I dont think its greatly understood how offense and defense tie together. The style we played with Fitz at times looked exciting, but it exposed our defense. We just werent built that way. We were built to ugly up a game and be in it in the 4th. Thats how we won, even though we may have scored a little more with airing it out our defense certainly wasnt as good with that style, because it generally presents more opportunities to be bad. Again, I think Munch and staff figured this out, and may surprise some people if given another chance.

5. Riverman

God yes. And it just isn't entertaining to me any more to "slow down" a game and "be in it" in the 4th. You have to have a KILLER defense to consistently win with that formula.

6. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I got no problem with the style really. I have a problem with building a team a certain way, then your backup QB comes in and it all changes. I am not referring to the eye candy of us slinging it all over the yard. Go look at the stats in our 7 wins. In 5 of them we had either 20+ carries with CJ or 90 plus rushing yards with CJ. Throw Greene in the mix, thats how we were built. No coincedence that as we got prettier on offense (pass happy) we won less. I dont mind 16-13 as lng as we are on the right side of it. That seems to be our formula or at least it was.

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Well yes and no IMO. That style limits the opportunities that you give your defense to be exposed. Speeding it up, and airing it out creates more reps on D. More opportunities to be bad, more fatigue. Believe me, I was a broncos fan growing up. Dan Reeves had John Freaking Elway and played that slow style. How you think Elway had all those 4 th quarter comebacks? Looking back, now I see they werent built defensively to play how I wanted to see it. They played conservative for 55 minutes then turned Elway loose for 5. Won a lot of games that way though.

8. Riverman

I'd find it more entertaining if we were playing a destructive style of D but we're not doing exceptionally well on either side of the ball.

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I also don't see the big knock on Munch. The Titans were CLEARLY a better team than they were last year. As you pointed out, no blow out games..hung in there even in the loses. I strongly believe with Locker the Titans could have won at least 3 more games. The run game and entire offense would also had been better with Locker playing. I was disappointed that they couldn't seem to "get over the hump" and win the games they should have won.. but I was still happy to see them hanging in and making games enjoyable to watch

I think the main reason people dislike Munchak is he isnt very emotional. But I don't need to see the HC jumping up and down and showing emotion...they have cheerleaders for that.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't know if the blame rests on Ruston, Munch, or Loggains, but to have to totally change up the offense when your backup QB is called on just doesn't make sense. You need to have a guy in place that can run the same style offense as your starter does.

I feel bad for Munch because no doubt if we don't F-up a few STs plays, Jake doesn't get hurt, or a call or 2 go our way he probably still has his job. No doubt we were better than last year, but Munch's crappy record in our division and against winning teams is undeniable and certainly pink slip worthy.

I think that Ruston didn't like how Loggains changed the style of offense once Jake went down and that he was willing to keep Munch since improvement had been made, but wanted Loggains and a few others gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar