Munchak: No coaching changes on defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans Coach Mike Munchak doesn’t plan on delivering a double whammy on his coaching staff.

After firing offensive coordinator Chris Palmer earlier in the week, Munchak said he has no plans to shake things up on the defensive side of the football.

Defensive coordinator Jerry Gray’s unit is ranked 29th in the NFL in total defense, and 31st in scoring.

“I am not planning on it,’’ Munchak said. “I don’t see any changes on the defensive side of the ball at all going forward. There won’t be any more changes the rest of the year.”

Munchak said he made the change on the offensive side of the ball because he has confidence in quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains, and felt a change was needed. Munchak said he hasn’t considered a similar shake-up on defense.

Munchak said the defense is on notice, however. The Titans have allowed at last 30 points in seven of 11 games this season, and lost 38-14 to the Texans back on September 30. The Titans face the Texans again on Sunday.

“We are not happy with where we are,’’ Munchak said. “We are all on notice. There is no one that is not on notice, we all know that. When you are 4-7, every team around the league that has our record or worse is on notice and that is in every sport. That is just a part of the sport.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I know it isn't the popular view, but the defense has been good enough to win the last 6 games. As long as the team doesn't totally fall apart, I'm fine with giving Gray the rest of the year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That D still sucks. Munchak basically said "I don't have anyone else right now, chill peeps, he's done"

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not going to say anything else.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Once again Gray gets to coach here because theres no one else.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The defense sucks, there's no doubt about it... however there is literally NO better replacements on this staff. He'll get fired at the end of the year, or i'll cry. Munch doesn't want to see me cry.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I try not to hate Jerry Gray, you know, because he has Michael Wiffin to have to deal with and all, but us fans have been crying all season long that he stop calling this soft coverage crap and blitz, now he goes and does it after it's too late to matter........ That guy is too stupid for words.

Hey Jerry Gray,
    QB's are people first, Chad Henne and Tom Brady are the same things, theyre both mostly skin and squishy stuff inside, you can mess with their bodies by blitzing and hitting them, the NFL still allows you to do that to an extent, so do it!

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Much is an offense guy so that is probably why it is easier for him to switch up the OC.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea he has really played vanilla all year. Not sure what's up with that. Then all of a sudden he remembers you can blitz and starts blitzing with really bad off man 7 yard deep plus back peddle coverage .... o_O

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im still confused by the always open TE roaming 20 yards down the middle of the field. At some point 'la Vagician' would have too accidentially be in position

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar