Munchak News/Pollard may not be back next year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Like it or not, we're noticeably better than last year. Similar record, but it's pretty obvious this team is better than it was last season.

And yes... we need leadership of some sort. When he's gone who is going to help lead the team? Lol it would be a complete joke. We have no leadership outside of Pollard.

Our main issues have been on the other side of the ball, with the offensive line sucking fat, sweaty balls.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Attributed 100% to Bernard Pollard's leadership, no doubt. :rolleyes:

What exactly is he leading? That's my point. He's leading a team that's 5-9, a defense that's 23rd against the run and in the bottom half of scoring defense. Along with young players who are being defiant(Brown and Hunter). Leadership at its best, I tell you.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think the better question to ask is who does he have to lead?

Our defense sucks... and it ain't because of Pollard. You hated Pollard from the start, so I feel like you're just sticking to your guns.

He hasn't been bad at all. He's been nothing special, but who can we get who will be better? Nobody. So why get rid of him?

4. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

You are right, I meant to say Ed Reed instead of Suggs. My bad!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

I'm not sticking to any guns, he's just exactly who he's been his entire career. A guy who can't cover and commits stupid("aggressive") penalties. I call him a fake leader because he talks about accountability and then costs the team with avoidable "aggressive" penalties.

The penalties were why the Ravens cut him after giving him a three-year deal the offseason prior. They won a Super Bowl and didn't need to deal with his "aggressiveness" anymore. And guess what? Matt Elam has been better.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You hated him from day-1

He's been good for us. Not his fault the NFL hates his kind.

7. Fry

The internet. Where calling it like it is is hate.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

My knock on Pollard is the same as Fry's, he talks a big game in pregame interviews and in postgame interviews about being accountable yet during the game he is always out of place, runs slow as can be, and is almost always getting burnt. I know that at SS he shouldn't be expected to be the best coverage guy, BUT you should be able to at least expect him to be decent. And he is not.

And yes I am saying that Griffin has played better than Pollard this year. But again, that is not saying much in fact that says just how bad our S group is. And when I say Griffin has played better, I mean just that. All around Griffin has outplayed Pollard, tackling, coverage, not getting burnt as much, not giving up the deep ball on his end, and shutting his damn mouth especially.

The first half of the season Pollard was in the right when he indirectly called out the offense for not doing their part but shortly after that it was the defense that was just as responsible for our following losses and yet he still doesn't just STFU.

9. JCBRAVE

Ill call it hating if you and I were at the same table.

Pollards good plays far outweigh some BS flags the refs later admit were bogus.

10. JCBRAVE

Remove yourself from my facebook fiends list, you're spreading nonsense.

Im surprised with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar