Munchak identifies some run-game issues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

How many times does someone need to tell CJ to worry about the 4-5 yard gains and forget the home runs?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is exactly what they were just talking about on 104.5. How many times can you sit up there and say CJ is doing the OPPOSITE of what you want him to do before you decide to do something about it?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Seriously? I give him one half on Sunday to hit it or I start rotating in options. Then, I start someone else against the Lions and rotate like many other teams in the league do. You go with whoever is getting the job done. It doesn't help OL run-block timing but no way should CJ continue to play if he's not going to do his job.

If he falls into a platoon role, he'll be gone at the end of the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I can't put my finger on just one thing that is wrong with the running game because there are so many things wrong with it. What I do know, it is pathetic. To come away with only 4 yards against any team is unacceptable. How in the world can a HOF OL turned OL coach turned head coach with a HOF OL turned OL coach allow this to happen? If nothing else our OL should be dominating, even if every other phase of the game we suck, our OL should be the strongest group on the team.

Adding a guy like Duece Lutui does not count as an OL upgrade. Passing on DeCastro and Konz is looking more and more like a huge mistake.

5. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

I would start Harper against the Chargers and tell him to run it up the middle as hard as you can.

If he fails to do anything noticeable, then maybe you start adjusting the Oline. Titans want the fix the problem but they wont troubleshoot the cause. If you think CJ is at fault you start another RB just to find out. I hope they dont waste 6 weeks to try this out,

6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Just cause a guy ios a HOF'er doesn't mean people they teach will be. Maybe just think that Munch and Matthews are hall of famers cause they had true skill?

They can teach the players the proper techniques, but if they don't have the skill to execute, then what?

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Ya, brilliant, no response to the position, just complain about the spelling. I'll bet you are perfect. Way to go!

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I am most certainly not perfect. I, however, would never make fun of someone for having tourette's syndrome. That's what I meant by "people like this in our fanbase." Correcting your spelling error was unrelated, but necessary.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

For starters Munch should take over the O-line himself. Bruce has not done a good job and some of that maybe this zone scheme palmer wants to run. We need to drive people off the football and pull the guards. It does not matter who the rb is in houston or washington they always run the ball. Low center and drive folks. We stand up and pass block on every play. Until the blocking changes, we are not going to run the ball period, I do not care who the rb is! This is all something that Munch can fix himself.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

a RB that weighed more than me might be a place too start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar