Munch wired for sound Vs. Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanic_Sub, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

How can anyone possibly say Munchak knows what he's doing from this video? He brings more than he lets on? They didn't show him say a useful sentence in that entire 4 minutes. Really? That's not how you get people excited to play in a game.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If the migty ducks has taught me anything, it's that they will rally to win it all.

Munchak = Gordon Bombay

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Are you kidding me? Do people really think that jumping up and down, screaming is what makes you a good coach??? "Passion" is what you have teamcaptains and veterans for.

GoT nailed it with his comment. You want a coach who doesn't panic and remains calm and collected even when the castle comes tumbling down.

Now would I have liked to see more interaction with the players, outside of Hasselbeck. No question, but it may have been left out after the edit or maybe he doesn't want to interfere with his coordinators just yet.

From this soundfx I feel Munchak has a good personality for coaching, but of course I have never personally been nor liked a coach who screams and shouts, so that's just my preference.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- that was a little disturbing. He was expressing disbelief rather a solution. It reveals he was befuddled.

What I did like was Hasslebeck. He was offering solutions to Munchak (who appeared to initially resist them). That was just before the scoring drive.

I would have liked to see Munchak diagnosing what they were doing and speaking to Palmer and Gray about what to do. Not "wow" "oh boy" "we can't be that bad". He is embarrassed and doesn't know what to do about it.

I don't like that he feels changes aren't warranted after two blowouts in a row. I have no doubt we will blast the Colts but I hope he realizes that won't tell us much.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The comment that bothered me was "we are not that bad are we?". Seems like he doesn't know what to expect from his team but 41-7 is never acceptable!

I assume he is talking to Mcginnis? His coordinators are on the field. He doesn't seem to be interacting with them enough.

I would be more interested to know what he said to the team at halftime because our effort in the 2nd half was almost worse than the first.

He doesn't have to be super emotional but he needs to be totally into the game what the play call is and what to expect from his team. We have quality control coaches who do nothing but scout our own team.

We were totally dominated by an average nfl team! At home!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

By the way, everyone, we're 3-3. Not 1-5, not 2-4, 3-3. Two of which losses HAVE came recently but man.

This forum really is the place where everyone exaggerates to insane degrees.

There's no way Munch is fired unless we somehow lose out. Palmer is still finding the best replacement for Britt as we try to get the run game going.

I find it remarkable that we want our QBs to be cool and collected after interceptions, but want our coaches to be rabid lunatics after the opposing team scores.

Jerry brings the intensity to the defense on that sideline.

We don't need our offense to be rabid (aside maybe from the OL), we need them to be cool, calm, and calculated. Some of the best offenses in the league are run by guys who look like they're taking a vacation as they call in plays (offensively).

Fisher would be running up and down that sideline as he calls the plays HIMSELF.

Munchak is cool and calm as our COORDINATORS call plays and try to get things back in shape.

I still haven't seen a reason to compare him to fisher other than some bad losses and a long tenure in TN.

7. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

My god I'm surprised what people can diagnose about a guy in a 4 minute video.

8. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

I've been on Munchak's case all week after that game but you've got to cut the guy some slack in what you see/hear in four minutes of highly edited VT ; FinneBosch is dead right.

If we are making dumb plays and not producing on the field then thats issues that Munchak should be addressing after the game. Its not something that you can do on the fly in the midst of a schitestorm.

The guy knows he's miked up - are you going to expect him to have a Gruden-like , toys out the pram , expletive style blow-out under those terms ? Course he's not.

By not cussing the players out and losing his rag , or like Fisher , showing fake emotion on the sidelines , I actually found some respect for the dignity he shows.

Sure that don't help the scoreline or come up with the answers that as the position dictates is what has to do. My concern would be that away from prying ears/eyes , that he maintains the same postures in the light of the azz-whipping we took.

Were that to be the case .......

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't have any problem with the even demeanor- I actually prefer it. It allows the mind to work. Unfortuantely, I didn't see any solutions being offered or even recognition of what wasn't working in the that 4 minute video. And yes- it is edited, but do you really think it wasn't representatitive? It was a 60 minute game with about 56 minutes of it where we looked lost on the field AND the sidelines. So it IS fair IMO to comment on the video and extrapolate to a degree that it is an accurate sample.

What bothered me was the complete befuddlement he demonstrated. And adjustements can and should be made during a chit-storm. That is why we take photographs and coordinators review them with the team while the other units are playing.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

1. 6 games into his head coaching career
    2. New coaches at every coaching position.
    3. Lockout. (remember how all the experts were saying the lockout would hurt us as bad as any team?)
    4. 3-3 1 game out of division lead.

Give the guy a break for now. Obviously, if the Titans would continue to play like we did last Sunday, there's no way he's gonna have the job long. He knows that. The players know that.

If he is doing things right, and the players want to play for him, we won't see BS efforts like last Sunday again.

It's just not time to judge his first season as coach until it's over.

The front office and Munchak share the blame for bringing back the same O-Line that struggled to block last season, and has done so at a incredibly egregious level this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar