Munch: "I ain't changin' chit"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Ok..let me rephrase it....I wish Munch did not look so oblivious to the game happening around him.

I agree about Landry...guy was pure class....but if I had that team I could stand there in the hat and win...

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Most teams need coaches to get fired up. That's how it is at every level.

That's why they give them the cool speeches in movies.

For the emotional guys you mentioned... Sure. And then there's:

Tom Coughlin, Mike Tomlin, Sean Peyton, etc... Guys that win superbowls and stuff.

Hell, Munchak makes Belichick look like an emotive 1 man circus.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Do what Bud Adams has for a plan-B ... you know Bud is up in his office with this idea in his back-pocket just incase the season starts to fall apart - recreate the HOUSTON OILERS!

Id take out Velasco @ C and Harris @ RG and replace them with Bruce Matthews and Mike Munchak. Both would probably be more useful blocking rather than coaching and probably wouldn't be a drastic downgrade than what we have blocking right now :cigar: ...

I dunno just a thought. Otherwise yeah there isn't much he can possibly do with what he has to work with. Benching starters for the backups would do nothing but step them back even further. We all saw first hand what our backups looked like in preseason.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

by the way... Tom Landry has been dead for quite a while. Let's find another example.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Can we start the Gruden or Cowher thread?

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Cj has more yards after contact...if you're gonna compare him to Reggie Bush we might as well try to get CJ in space and move him around. Slamming him up the gut over and over isn't gonna do it. Reggie Bush also has what you call blockers...Jake Long, Ricky Incognito, Mike Pouncey...those are all players the team has invested heavily in.

How can we bench him if we don't give him the opportunity right now to earn the contract. There's no where to go with this team but down. Right now, I'd say 4 wins would be nice.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

DW's actually making sense to me...

It's not even about whether he's firing up the players around him. Gray does that, and then sends his defense out to play mismatched in formations that even they don't believe in. The emotion is lost. But Munch doesn't even seem interested in the game being played in front of him. Even Belicheck has called time outs to b*tch out the refs when he thought they were bending him over. Munchak just seems nonchalant about the game in general, and so do the players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

WHAT!!!! CJ doesn't have more yds after contact than Jake Locker, let alone Reggie! You're smoking crack

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Manning looking like Jake out there!

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

You're not? We've all been hitting the pipe. Have you seen this team play?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar