Munch firing changes Pollard was looking for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keystone27, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keystone27

Keystone27 Starter

Been following this site for over a year and have never posted anything, but was curious on your guys opinions on if the firing of Munch was part of the changes Pollard was talking about? It's hard to say yeah or nah for sure on the implications of Munch leaving on if Pollard cares to stay with the organization.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

No clue, really. I'd have to assume Munchak and his crew being gone would help. Pollard is a great player who I want to keep around, but at the end of the day he either will or won't get paid to stick around.

I personally hope we do keep him. He can say this or that needs to happen all he likes... but when people see them dollar signs, the cash blinds them.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Doubtful. Have to take comments from players and others in the organization with a grain of salt right now.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think when Pollard made those comments about something has to change for him to return, he was talking more about the offense picking up their slack.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Pollard seemed supportive of Munch. I'm guessing it was more about the DC situation.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I kinda doubt he wanted Munchak fired. He really seemed to like and respect Munchak. We'll probably never know exactly what Pollard was talking about but I'm sure it was about other coaches on the staff. Perhaps the whole Gray/Williams dynamic. Maybe LOWgains? Maybe Matthews? Maybe all of the above? Who knows.

7. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

He said literally that Munch leaving was not a change that was needed. He said that either Gray or Williams had to leave for it to work. Not sure with Munch leaving if it hurts, but don't think it helps a lot.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. UCTITAN

UCTITAN Starter

well be careful posting on here. i been reading stuff on here for a couple seasons now. first time i posted got called a "noob". lol. lots of potential head coaches and gm's on here. its amazing the nfl doesnt recruit from these sites. also to answer your question on pollard. see what wyatt says. his opinion and and or reportings reign supreme on these boards. they worship him here.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Pollard just wants to win. Plain and simple. When you go from being on a top 5 defense with two first ballot HOFers to a team with a subpar DC, of course he would want to see changes.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I think that Munch would still have a job, if Williams was our DC from the start of the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar