Munch did RB by committee this week... Now keep it that way.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

More important than Runningback by Committee is us now showing signs that we can go with the flow of the game and not force something that's not there. I'm a little afraid to get excited about this team cause we know they're bipolar as a mutha. But if we can install a big back into the lineup to go along with C.J. & Ringer splitting carries, I'd be ecstatic cause I know that formula works with this O-Line.

We're so set on running zone blocking plays that we're killing ourselves with them. If we must use them, then play Ringer. C.J. doesn't have Ringers vision believe it or not, and doesn't excel in zone running plays. He's the kind of guy who works best when you just go push on the man in your way, and he baits a guy left then goes right. Having 4.24 speed he simply outruns defenders who commit to one side of the blocker.

I DONT KNOW HOW having not one but TWO Hall of Fame Offensive Linemen we can't execute more man blocking. So what if it's confusing against blitzes, it's something we used to do well. It used to be an acclamation of this O-Line. I know I remember Fisher complimenting this line for their intelligence several times. Did they now all of a sudden get dumber in time? I think it's Vince Young's fault we changed it to that type of offense last year. Supposedly he couldn't read a stop sign so how was he going to decipher Dick LeBeau's Steelers defense. Well HELLO, we have a new QB who is pretty smart. So now is the time to adapt. I think I'm seeing it, but IDK because one day we're great, the next day we show we don't care.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar