Multiple positive covid tests hit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 29, 2020.

?
  1. Force them to play Sunday with Titans not getting any practice and Steelers business as usual

10.6%
  2. Move all NFL games back a week

4.3%
  3. Rearrange schedule for Titans and Steelers to have a bye this week and play week 7

59.6%
  4. Cancel this game, Titans and Steelers have a 15 game season

4.3%
  5. Other

21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Sweden is also one of the greenest/clean places on earth comparing their situation to let's say NY is just not the same at all.

I recommend letting that argument go and try another.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Are you saying COVID is connected to how “green” a country is? Or how “clean” it is?
    I don’t see how either of those points connect to COVID at all.

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

certainly a dirty, overpopulated city would spread covid quicker than a green/clean area which is not overpopulated

do you think that is an unreasonable statement?

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Fact is the survival rate is 99.97% to 99.5%.

And another fact is thousands businesses will be closing their doors down forever. These business are the lively hoods for millions of people. That’s mortgage payments, rent payments, cloths, food, for millions and millions of people.

Small businesses are quietly dying by the thousands during the coronavirus pandemic

Wouldn’t it be easier and less damaging to the MASSES for the VERY small number of people who are actually at risk to take the precautions necessary to protect themselves while letting everyone who isn’t at risk get back to work to support their families?

Seems like simple common sense to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yes. What does green have to do with it?
    Honestly, clean doesn’t either.

Nothing has been proven or stated anywhere of any connection of either to COVID.

Edit: didn’t address overpopulated. Agree that plays a factor. That also wasn’t said in the comment I replied to, you added that.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Titansman1

Hmm, then how does that explain how a number of African countries have low numbers of cases and deaths?

No social distancing and certainly not clean and green. One theory has been that Hydroxychloroquine is always in widespread use due to the prevalence of malaria. But cleanliness certainly isn’t contributing to the equation.

I think it was Kenya or somewhere that has like 43 million people and only like 44 deaths?

7. DaCost

DaCost Starter

Again you can't compare Sweden or kenya to NY is just not the same at all.

That's what I'm trying to say you do understand that right???

Why not use Paris,London, hong Kong ect...as your example.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not going to try to sway your opinion on this issue. But please just understand that statistics can be made to say anything. And the devil is in the details of what, when and how things are reported. Tenets of common sense (logic) will prevail once the politics are removed after a few more weeks.

• Boring Boring x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

My take on this is one side undervalues the effects and the other side over exaggerates the effects. The virus is dangerous for frail people and healthy people weather it better. I wear a mask because I don’t want to contribute in the slightest to passing on something to a person more susceptible than me. It’s a real thing, but not the devastating killer it’s made out to be. The Titans have proven that it is highly contagious though, so that argument should be over. And for “persecuted” Titansman1, I am a small business owner who has pretty much made nothing since mid-April.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titansman1

And it doesn’t piss you off that your business has been shut down and your lively hood wrecked for no good reason?

#490 Titansman1, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar