Multiple positive covid tests hit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 29, 2020.

?
  1. Force them to play Sunday with Titans not getting any practice and Steelers business as usual

10.6%
  2. Move all NFL games back a week

4.3%
  3. Rearrange schedule for Titans and Steelers to have a bye this week and play week 7

59.6%
  4. Cancel this game, Titans and Steelers have a 15 game season

4.3%
  5. Other

21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

People don’t understand that just because it hasn’t been proven, doesn’t mean there is strong reason to believe evidence one way or the other.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

104.5 is saying right now that all of our players are out sunday that tested Covid. And you can go to Profootballtalk.com and they have it on their of how newton tests negative twice he can play sunday. Now how in the world can all of our guys already be out on a tuesday but newton has a chance to play sunday? He tested positive later than any of our players. Is this our punishment making us down 9 players. If our guys and I have to assume, some and maybe most, are Asymptomatic, why would they not have a chance to test negative twice between now and sunday and play? This smells!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

This is F**KING crazy.

4. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

If asymptomatic, you either wait 10 days or have 2 negative tests. If they are out it's only because they didn't get any practice in or they had symptoms. I'm assuming Jones, Brinkley and maybe Correa have a chance to play. The others are more than likely out

5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I'm sure its more scientific than this, but can you imagine:

Doctor - "Cam, how you feeling?"
    Cam - "Better than yesterday"
    Doc - "Asymptomatic, free to play"

Doctor - "Big Jeff, you ok?"
    Simmons - "Bit of a cough"
    Dr - "Hmm, symptoms are there, best sit sunday out"

6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Appreciate the detailed story but that’s why I said “most” come in contact. Of course there are going to be outliers but according to the CDC that’s an extremely rare way to contract the virus. Should we shut things down for instances that are extremely rare?

Using that example I’ll say people probably have no problem with Amazon, UPS, or FedEx delivering packages.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No as stated earlier. I’m tired of people using those examples as if it’s bound to happen when, in fact, they haven’t been able to prove it yet.

It’s ridiculous to use that example until there is way more proof that scenario is an issue.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Are you really surprised the pats still get their hand held by the league?

9. TJ Combo

TJ Combo Starter

Titans vs. The World

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

The flu has a vaccine and still kills 80k in a bad flu year. So, looks like by your standards, we will stay in shut down purgatory forever.

Life has risks, no way to eliminate risk 100%. But when the survival rate without a vaccine is 99.5%+ for the majority of the population then its time to get everyone back work.

Fill up the sports stadiums, open up the movie theaters and move on. Follow Sweden’s lead. These shut downs are ridiculous. But you can stay home if you feel that’s what’s best for you personally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar