Mularkey Out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan1207, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Jesus. Have you had your coffee yet??? Just messing with you BEACAUSE you were the only few of the users on here that kept defending Mularkey.

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Someone said we should bring in McNair like the Broncos brought in Elway..I got some bad news for him..

Unless he's talking about reanimation.

3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

This is pretty much bang on.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Tennessean has a good article on JRob's path to getting this done this morning:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...mularkey-mutually-agree-part-ways/1033119001/

Really illustrates that he was having the same issues with Mularkey that alot of us (nearly all of us) were here...and also does discuss the impact that the Hags and Chiefs wins had on this process.

Folks villifying JRob for doing what he did should recognize the impossible situation he was put in at that point....as well as the absolute need for the franchise to do what it did here IMO.

Suffice it to say that my respect for JRob has grown quite a bit in this situation....now lets see how he can handle this search. IMO this is probably the most critical 4-6 week time period in his career to date, and is a critical 4-6 week time period in team history as well.

We are at an inflection point between mediocrity and either sinking back into Browns territory or moving into elite territory at this point. This coaching search is that critical IMO....

5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

A key question/answer in Jrob's presser for me was;

"Did any of Mularkey's answers at his most recent press conference form a part of this decision?"

"Yes"

I reckon thats tied closely to the 'Terry did a very very good job', 'Im happy with Mariota's progress' and 'I dont intend to make any changes on offence' statements.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Actually, in the article, the most disturbing comment Mularkey made (in JRob's view) was the comment related to Mariota's development. Apparently he strongly disagreed with Mularkey on that assessment, and it was the largest example of what he viewed as Mularkey's disconnect from the reality of the situation in his view (paraphrasing here). This is on point with how a very large number of us reacted to that press conference....

7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yep. All 3 comments were huge cause for concern really.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I did. Love the java.
    I didn’t defend everything he did, but there are different sides and views to everything....that doesn’t make anyone a troll.
    He deserves some bit of respect for the good things he did accomplish. For the things he didn’t/ couldn’t accomplish.....he is no longer with the Titans. Although I know him and like him.....I can live with that. But he deserves a little respect.....or at least a break on the “dancing on the grave” some here like to do.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

If Mularkey had not been in “protect” mode and been straight up that things needed to change, he would most likely still be coach with a 2 year extension. BUT....

10. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar