Rumor Mularkey offered extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

So because did worse before, you're happy with Mediocre when we can find great? If you're interested in mediocre, you're saying 8-8 is a good season and you're happy to NEVER win a SB!

You are aware...if we stick with Mularkey and don't make changes we are likely to do worse next season, right?

Yes it's possible we COULD take a step back with a new coach...but we could also find our Sean McVay and take a huge leap forward and have a real shot at winning a Super Bowl in the next decade. Based on this season after last, it is likely we WILL take a step backwards with Mularkey...as we did this year. So why stay with him?

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

100% agree on everything you said! The draft was almost 100% invested on offense yet it got worse. All these NFL analyst break down film on our scheme and point out so many flaws. Its rather pathetic and embarrassing. We blame the WRs saying they don't get separation but when you see the film it points to the dumb routes based on the scheme. Robiskie cannot coach players up, he's inept, no way he stays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The sad thing may be the 'negotiation' might be how much of a raise he gets, not if he's willing to make changes to the staff or not.

We will find out a lot about what power JRob does and does not have based on this. No forced changes and Mularkey extension means this is ownership controlled and JRob only controls personnel and we are in for a tough season or two...or three...or whatever!

HOPEFULLY JRob can force Mularkey to make changes or else and be involved in WHO the changes are (not just another Mularkey buddy to run the same system but someone innovative, has a track record working with qb's like Mariota, and has success).

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

disagree 07 & 08 were superior

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Sure, let's get a new HC every season until we get to the Superbowl.

Sean McVay did the exact same thing Mularkey did with the Titans last year. So if McVay doesn't take the Rams to the Superbowl next year, he should be fired right? God forbid Gurley get's injured or otherwise McVay will most likely look very pedestrian.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Our biggest investment on offense was injured for most of the season. Our QB was injured all off-season and had injuries during the season. Our starting RB was injured for most of the season. And yet you're surprised our offense wasn't getting better???

And please provide the film that shows we're running dumb routes. Because all the 22 footage I've seen actually shows the exact opposite. Like the "famous" interception in the KC game. Everbody buys Grudens comment, but when you actually look at the tape, it's clear that the concept was fine (and not at all unique to the Titans).

7. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Why do I get the feeling Mularkey supporters have never watched a single game all season?

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Mularkeys offense has been scrutinized since we hired him as our HC. You like him so much I hope he gets fired so you can go away with him.

9. trydes12

trydes12 Starter

C'mon guys. Lets look at this as it is.

I for one support the idea of an extension. Mularkey has brought this team to consistent 9 win, playoff picture type team in his two years. How many coaches out there can do that?

We are all know this team seemingly regressed this year, but did they? 1 more win and a playoff win seems to me like improvement. Getting Mularkey an extension allows him to find a better OC and continue this vision he and Jon Robinson have going. It's obviously working. I mean, aside from the year we went 13-3, this is the most well rounded squad we've seen in over 10 years. Enjoy that.

You can't make changes like its the EPL (for any soccer fans out there). That's not good for the team and definitely not good for Mariota. Mularkey has proven he can protect Mariota now he just needs to show he can find an OC and/or QB coach to better develop him.

Jon Robinson and Mularkey both are well aware of how the fans viewed the season and the offensive woes. I believe the Titans will in the Super Bowl come February 2019. Titans vs. Rams.

Just have a little faith guys. Enjoy the fact that your team can win some games and has a top 10 QB. Yes, Mariota had a tough year, but he will bounce back and have a great one in the 18'-19' season.

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I already had this discussion with Ten_Titan.... You feel I haven't watched a single game, I feel you have not coached or played a single down in football.

I've watched all but the Rams game and I can tell you our offensive scheme isn't that different from other offenses in this league. The only "big" thing we do that is different is we use multi TE personnel more often than others. A lot of people on this board are complaining about our condensed formations, but literally ALL teams in the NFL use condensed formations with receivers crossing routes. Makes it harder to defend.

Yes we are at times conservative in our playcalling. But we had an injured QB whos accuracy took a step back, so I understand perfectly you don't want to go out slinging the rock too much.

And yes we do have a couple of motions that are dead giveaways that we're going to run the football. But I see other teams have the same little tell here and there, it's hard to totally eliminate.

Oh and if Mularkey officially get's the extension, will you go away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar