Mr. Clemens goes to Washington...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How's your new job as a pharmaceutical rep?

I know who I listen to for my medical advice.......... RAMBO!!!!

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

:) I'm not a rep yet. The job's waiting on me though.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If the lawyer was aware of the photo, then why is it only coming out now. My guess is that the lawyer didn't consider it legitimate when he first saw it, but now wants to use it as spin control. If the photo is legitimate, then it will contradict at least five people who said he wasn't there. That would be interesting. But until we see that photo, the evidence is overwhelming that he was not there. Even the host said that he wasn't there. There's just no reliable evidence yet. There really isn't.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Probably a Photoshop hoax. :grrhee:

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That doesnt close anything. Just because someone looks fit doesnt mean they are healthy. You have no idea what type of damage this causes to the liver or any other organs. Sure, it can help you become fit, but it could just as easily take 25 years off your life. Im sure in proper doses under doctor care it can be beneficial. Id say over the counter and you will see a lot of really buff guys with serious liver damage.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I think that in 20 years, Stallone will be right, and you will consider some of these guys forerunners. And that sounds crazy. But I think it is only a matter of time. They will still have cheated, but they will have been the first guys who dared to buck the system, and it is usually those guys who dare to do that who end up as the heroes. The only difference between heroes of the past and the heroes of today is that those who buck the system usually take a beating in the press like at no other time. But you can already see how Canseco's image has started to spin back, and you can see a little bit of change on the whole steroid thing already. The "past is the past" thing is taking root. I find it fascinating. I agree with Stallone that the perception is eventually going to change. If you think about other drugs that are more harmful, like cocaine, and they are not even considered a career ender anymore. In fact, you never even here about abusers anymore. They get treatment. Forgotten. Steroids and HGH will get there too, and they have generally more postive properties, so eventually proper dosage will be an ok thing to do.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Canseco's image isnt starting to spin back. The guy was a cheater, plain and simple. He wrote a book, to make money, about steroids. Im sorry if I dont look at a guy who cheated and wrote a book to help out his own bank account as some sort of upstanding guy.

And Stallone isnt a doctor. If you read some of those links posted, its quite clear that HGH damages the body if not used properly. Under a doctors care, it can be beneficial. But anything that alters the way your body works in a drastic fashion, should be not over the counter where every idiot who has no idea how it works can go and abuse it irresponsibly.

HGH isnt a career ender either. Andy Pettite is at spring training right now, without even having received a suspension.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Andy Pettite has never tested positive either. When he does, his career will be over. Bank on it. Right now it is a career ender. In less than ten years, it will simply be like rehab. In 20 years, nobody will care anymore.

In 20 years, HGH and Steroids won't need to be abused. They won't do any harm. They have too many redeeming properties not be reengineered and administered properly. Science will demand it. Markets will demand it and the research is well underway. There is only one place where the stigma exists even today, and that is in sports, and that stigma will dissapate over time. It has already started.

Canseco told the truth. That is a redeeming quality in a person. He didn't hide the truth like MLB and like everyone else, he told it. If you can't respect that, then god help you, because you will one day find yourself in that very position if you haven't already. Canseco is the hero in all of this. If there is someone else then tell me who it is. Cause he was the first one to tell the truth, open the pandora box, and get the story out there, and he is the one who instigated change, and who will save the lives and careers of all our children. Canseco was a dog when he left baseball. Now people believe him. And for good reason. Even you can recognize that change in image. It's pretty transparent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar