Mr. Clemens goes to Washington...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am still on the fence.

Mainly because of Jose Canseco. This is the one guy who has been telling the truth all along. And he has published that Clemens was never involved in Steroids. And that he has no reason to believe he is. They played together two times. And yet nothing. Jose Canseco is basically in the know. IN addition, he has a signed affidavit that McNamee lied about Clemens. There is strong evidence here in favor of Clemens. Very strong.

As to Andy Pettite. I don't think he corroborates anything that McNamee had to say. Seriously. At what point did that happen? Quote me something, cause I just did not get that. All he said that he heard Clemens say something about using HGH. That is nothing. Really it isn't. It easily could have been miscontrued from a joke, or a comment, or a story. It certainly does not vouch for McNamee in any way shape or form. All it was was talk, and hearsay. Nothing more. McNamee isn't even involved. So I don't see how Andy was backing up McNamee in any way based on what I know of the testimoney.

McNamee is the drug dealer. I have no reason to believe him. He lied, supposedly hid evidence, and supposedly has been doing this his whole life. Whereas Clemens has never once given an indication of hiding anything. And that puts me on the fence. I'm about 51 to 49 he did not do it. I really have no reason to think he did. There is nothing pointing the finger at him other than pure speculation on anyone's part, including my own. Even the evidence provided by McNamee will not point a finger, no matter what they results are of the neeedle test, because its' chain of control has been contaminated beyond belief.

Would there be all this fuss over someone who didn't do it? I've seen it before. Richard Jewel. Atlanta Bomber. Never did it. Never could have. Andy Pettitte is not a key witness yet. He has not loaded a gun and pointed it at Clemens. In fact, it was quite the opposite. And he could have, theoretically, done just that, but he didn't, and that alone is cause for doubt. If that is all Pettite has to offer, it just aint enough.

But most important to me is Jose Canseco. This guy was in the middle, and was the one who basically names all the guilty parties, and he says that Clemens is clean. I just find that to be compelling testimoney at this point. Canseco has not been wrong yet, and has been very forthcoming, and has not been holding back his finger pointing at the users whatsoever.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

McNamee told the truth about everybody, including Clemons wife. I would find it very strange if he told the truth about Pettite, Knoblauch, Clemons wife, but somehow was wrong about Clemons. And I could be wrong about this, so take it with a grain of salt. But I thought in Canseco's book, he actually said that he had never witnessed Clemons doing it, but was suspicious of him. LIke I said, I could be wrong about that, but thought I remember hearing that when Canseco's book came out.

And what do you mean Clemons has never hid anything? He lied about being at Canseco's party. And then he and his lawyers apparently tried to get the nanny, who would eventually rat them out, to come to his house so they could probably coach her up. He was caught in a big lie just yesterday.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

As far as the Pardon, it is actually the right thing to do in my opinion, should it need to be done.

Clemens is not the issue here. Supposedly, Steroids is. And Clemens telling the truth or lying is ultimately irrelevant. Clemens is not a threat to anyone unless he was dealing. His being incarcerated solves little here. There are incontrevertable facts here.

A) We have a problem
    B) It needs to be resolved.

A was done. How about they get back to B, and force all sports to clean up with an act of congress so that more kids don't die.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Canseco has a second book coming out. Canseco is on record. He thinks Clemens is clean.

As I understood it, Canseco signed an affidavit that Clemens was not at the party in question. And that was the reason for the congressman calling McNamee a liar.

From SI today:
    The woman who worked as Roger Clemens' nanny and was a focus point of Wednesday's Congressional hearings told a Houston TV station that Clemens was not at Jose Canseco's house party in 1998, as alleged by Brian McNamee.

The woman, who refused to be identified, told KPRC Local 2, "No, he wasn't. He wasn't. I was there with his little ones and he wasn't and that's what I told. I told the truth. If I have to swear on the Bible or whatever, he wasn't in there."

In the Mitchell Report, McNamee claimed that the party was where Clemens and Canseco first discussed steroids. Clemens claimed he was playing golf that day.

"Mr. Clemens is a good guy. I can not believe he's going through all this stuff," she told the TV station. "He's a wonderful man."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/14/clemens.nanny/?cnn=yes

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Former major leaguer Jose Canseco told Congress in a sworn affidavit that he has never seen Roger Clemens “use, possess or ask for steroids or human growth hormone.” Washington Post today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23134694/

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Canseco said he never provided Clemens steroids. If Clemens had his own source, why would he? He also didn't point a finger at Pettitte either who admitted using.

He who? Canseco said that Clemens didn't attend a party McNamee claimed he did. Big whoop. It doesn't clear Clemens of squat.

Sure he did because McNamee claimed he provided the stuff for Pettitte. Pettitte verified it. If anything, that add credibility to McNamee.

Yes. A total sleeze. But total sleezes (is that a word) often testify against other sleezes. I don't see anything different here.

Except he admitted to Pettitte he used HGH but now he thinks Pettittee "misremembered" that. C'mon. What positive thing here does Pettitte earn by snitching on Clemens who he considers a friend?

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I'm sorry but Canseco doesn't know every player that took PED. The nanny's testimony is suspect after Clemens' end around he pulled. The time line of when his wife took HGH is after the conversation that Petitte maintains he had with Clemens about his use of PED. Of the three players named by McNamee only Clemens denies it. I also find it hard to believe that A. Clemens and his wife did not discuss HGH before her use. B. That McNamee just happened to have some on him when she asked for it. C. That Clemens upon finding out that McNamee had given his wife a shot without his knowledge stayed employed by him. The final straw for me was the medical testimony that his abcess on his *** was most probably from HGH, as B-12 has not been known to cause an abcess but that HGH does quite frequently.

Clemens also acknowledges that Petitte is an honest person and has told the truth about everything but him. That's conveniant.

Nothing is going to come of this any way. What can be achieved? Keeping him out of the Hall? I doubt that. Even if he is found guilty Bush will just pardon him.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Mrs. Roger Clemons...

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar