Mr. Clemens goes to Washington...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I don't follow baseball anymore,
    but did anyone see footage of Roger Clemmons/Mcnamee testimonies yesterday? Very intriquing. One of those two needs to go to prison.
    Personally, I don't believe Clemmons...

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

neither do I, especially with Pettite siding with McNamee

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I watched some of it and found it pretty interesting. Everyone looked bad. Most of the commentators I've heard stated that Clemons sounded like the bigger liar and looked horrible. From what I watched, I actually thought McNamee looked like he was more full of BS.

As far as Pettite, they were talking on Around the Horn yesterday how ridiculous it was that the congress was talking about what an honorable and honest man Pettite is. Yeah, cheated at your sport for your whole career and lied when originally asked about it, real honest there.

Everyone talks about how bad it is that the athlete's act like this because kids will emulate them. ****, after seeing the lack of punishment, financial or otherwise, I say if a kid is trying to make it in baseball he better start using steroids or HGH. I feel worse for the mid 20 year old, former college baseball player, that never used roids or HGH. Maybe on a level playing field that person could've made millions being a professional baseball player. But unfortunately walking the straight and narrow had no benefit but possibly robbing legit people of a lucrative career.

Baseball is a sad state of affairs and a sad reflection of our own "win at all cost" society. It sucks.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Don't be naive. Steroids have been or still are a part of almost every competitive sport. Romo, Landis, Jones, and Merriman just to name a few. Baseball just made the mistake of getting the Feds and Congress involved, which lead to LOTS of negative media attention.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Tony Romo? Roidhead?

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Ha! No, the real Romo, Bill Romanowski.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood could be classified as cheating though couldn't it?

8. TitanJeff

I'd only referred to that guy as "Roidanowki". ;)

9. TitanJeff

Clemens is trying to save his legacy but I don't think anyone actually believes he didn't use. Problem is, there isn't enough evidence out there to convict him of perjury.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No doubt, but i don't think it's as rampant as it is in baseball. And at least there is some form of punishment in the NFL. If there is as much steroid abuse in other pro sports as there is in baseball, then I am naive. I really feel the MLB is at a higher percentage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar